❥Part 5❥

Later that evening everyone was assembled for the function. The place was decorated beautifully. Music was being played and a dance floor was set so that people can dance there. It was the Sangeet ceremony.

Ishita was getting ready and Purvi was helping her parents with the arrangements

Ishita was getting ready and Purvi was helping her parents with the arrangements. Purvi was talking to the DJ, checking the playlist when someone tapped on her shoulder. Turning around she found Kavin smiling at her. He was all dressed up and was looking fresh.

 He was all dressed up and was looking fresh

Kavin's outfit

Purvi's outfit

Purvi's outfit

"Hi!" Kavin said.

"Hi!" Purvi said with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Busy?" he asked.

"Aah-yes. I was just checking the playlist. Aunty asked me to."

"Oh! I will help you" he offered.

"No need I am almost done. If you want to help ask Dushyant's parents I am sure they will be glad to receive your help" she said while going through the playlist.

"I am coming from there only. They asked me to help you."

"Help me?" she asked raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah!" he simply lied. He went to help Dushyant's parents but they never asked him to help Purvi

"Thank you but I am almost done so I can manage" she gave the tab back to the DJ as she was done checking the playlist. "I will catch with you later Kavin I need to check on Ishi" she said with a sweet smile and was about to go when Kavin stopped her.

"Purvi I want to ask you something" he said making her stop on her tracks. She turned around and looked him with a questioning face. "Can I have a dance with you?"

"Right now?" she questioned him.

"No no not now. Once the function begins then, can I have a dance with you?" he said moving closer to her.

"Why do you want to dance with me?" she questioned him again.

"Because-because we are friends" he said and Purvi looked satisfied with his answer. She said okay to him and left the place.

Few minutes later Ishita and Dushyant made a great entry an got settled on the sofa that was facing the dance floor

Few minutes later Ishita and Dushyant made a great entry an got settled on the sofa that was facing the dance floor. The function started. All the relatives those who have prepared a dance came on the stage and performed one by one.

The stage was currently occupied by small children. Ishita and Dushyant were busy meeting the guests. Purvi was enjoying drinks with Aman. Kavin was talking one of Dushyant's colleague when his eyes fell on Purvi. His heart clenched on seeing Purvi with Aman. Without wasting another second he excused himself and went where Purvi was sitting.

"I hope I am not disturbing you both" Purvi said diverting their attention towards him.

"Kavin? Not at all buddy. Why don't you join me and Pari for a drink?" Aman said patting the barstool next to him.

"Not really in a mood to drink. By the way what were you guys talking about?" Kavin asked sitting next to Purvi.

"We were recalling the days when Aman used to follow me like a creep" Purvi said  giggling.

"I don't have any problem in following you even now" Aman said in a flirtious tone and Purvi gave him 'you-are-unbeliveable' look.

Kavin was about to say something but was interrupted by Ishita.

"Pari?" On hearing Ishita's voice three of them turned their heads towards Ishita. Ishita and Dushyant were standing few steps away from them along with an elderly couple and a boy who was almost of Purvi's age. On seeing the couple Purvi's smile faded away.

"Guys meet my aunt Damini Chaudhary and her husband Indrajit Chaudhary and he is thier son Vivaan Chaudhary" Dushyant introduced them to his friends. Aman and Kavin greeted them with a smile but Purvi was looking at them blankly.

Ishita was tensed looking at her friend. She was about to say something but Mr. Chaudhary said before her.

"Drinking can be injurious to health" he said looking straight into Purvi's eyes. Aman quickly kept his glass on the table.

"Giving unwanted advice can also be injurious to health Mr. Chaudhary" Purvi shot back. Before he could say anything Purvi stood up from the stool and turned facing Kavin.

"You wanted to dance with me, right?"she asked him.

"Y-yes" he stammered.

"Come let's dance" Purvi forwarded her hands. Kavin was confused looking at sudden change in her behaviour. Not getting any response from him she said "It's now or never". Kavin immediately took hold of her hand and she pulled him towards the dance floor.

They danced together on the song Morni Ban Ke and was soon accompanied by many other.

*****************

Hey readers hope you are enjoying the story.

A lot of twists are coming up.

Don't forget to paint the white star orange and comment.

~Byee
Sanjana❤️