Chapter seven

UP CLOSE Chaeyoung could see the old cuts and bruises on his face that were already healing and fading.

She hated him for being this close to her, but as twisted as it also was, she wanted him closer. Ever since their kiss the last time, she had been thinking about it. No one had ever kissed her the way he had kissed her; with so much passion and intensity.

She shouldn't be feeling like this at all, considering he made her point a gun at him and threatened to kill her brother, and she was so annoyed with herself and with him that she instinctively shoved at his chest, but he was like a brick wall and barely budged from where he stood, so she shoved even harder.

"We have nothing to discuss. I did you a favor and you're going to do me a favor by letting this go and getting the hell away from us," she hissed with a deep glare, her hands curling into angry fists.

He grinned and hurled her into his chest, and she tried to pull away from him, but he hung on to her defiantly. "Hate to break it to you, but that wasn't a favor. It was my right that your brother handed to me, so you might want to think of something else to emotionally blackmail me with."

There was firmness in his tone that threatened to push her happiness down a notch. "But the fact is, my boss is owed and only you have the ability to change everything."

"I hate yo-"

"Do you still think about our kiss?" He cut her off suddenly, lowering his voice to a more intimate sound, sweeping his eyes over her lips with a lazy grin.

The statement had caught her completely off guard. His smirk widened. Then suddenly, he grabbed her chin and made her looked at him. She shivered as she felt his hand on her skin. He looked like he was perplexed.

"Cause I sure do. Can't seem to get these lips out of my head." He brushed his cold thumb across her bottom lip sensually, tugging slightly on it. He was so close; she could feel his breath on her skin.

Chaeyoung was careful not to let her expression betray her, but her heart was hammering in her chest as she drew in a slow breath, her eyes glued to his shinning one. His presence was intense but calming, almost to the degree that she wanted to fall into his arms and let him kiss her as he did before.

however, He seemed to be enjoying it a little bit. He grabbed both her wrists and held them between them.

As she pulled, he pulled harder, forcing her to meet his playful smirk. Angrily, she pulled at her wrists again, giving a frustrated grunt when his grip didn't budge. "let me go," her words came out icily.

"Sure thing." Like a man who respected wishes, he let go of her but didn't step away. "But if you keep looking at me like you want me to grab you by the hair and kiss you, I'm gonna do that. I'm a man of my word, after all." He walked backward until he sank into the couch.

His hands were in his pockets and his feet were on the table. He was smirking at her as usual, but there was something different about it, and not in a good way. "I guess, back to business? Do you love your brother?"

She glared at him in return to his question and He just let out a low chuckle, his smile growing even wider in amusement, or maybe really it was an indication of his bemusement at the game he was playing with her, and a game he was enjoying.

"I have a proposition for you. You help me out, I help you out, and we all get to be happy and shit."

Chaeyoung took a deep breath, and another before she replied, "What do you need from me?" Her tone was shaky. It amused him, she could tell. It was the way he licked his lips and leaned forward in a way that was practically asking for more.