Chapter nine

SHE BLINKED AWAKE, fluttering her eyes open and close as she adjusted to the light that shone through the small gap between her curtains.

A soft sigh escaped her mouth before her eyes glided to the clock that read eight in the morning, then groaned and squeezed her eyes shut.

Her head was pounding mercilessly. It felt like she only had six hours of sleep; if you could count her waking up several times in the night from having a nightmare of being chased and killed; different locations and different scenarios, and only one person was the villain in those dreams.

She sank her nails into her mattress before she released them and tugged her duvet upward, Rubbing her eyes, she rolled over to the left, only to be met by a pair of brown eyes and a Cheshire Cat smile.

"Morning sleeping beauty"

She bolted upright.

Chaeyoung pulled the duvet to her chest, She was aware of the fact that she had no makeup on, that her hair was probably a giant nest. Ghost, on the other hand, was laying on her bed, his body fully turned to her, his left cheek rested on his hands, dressed like he was out to kill someone, and mostly just looking amused.

"What the hell?" she exclaimed, body inching back to get away from him, but one more move would end up with her falling back and flat on the ground. It definitely wasn't the kind of entertainment she would want to show.

He sat up and leaned his back against the headboard, crossing his legs and his arms against his broad chest that was trapped in a tight high neck sweatshirt. A waft of his spice, earthy and masculine scent filled her nose.

"I like your room," he said, his eyes moving about her room with the familiarity she didn't like. Just how long had the asshole been here? Did he look through her things? She gripped her duvet tightly, watching as those orbs settled back on her with a grin.

"It's warm and cozy. Tell me, are lonely women's rooms always like this? Is this like a superpower thingy y'all have?"

"It's eight in the morning," Chaeyoung clipped out tightly, not even bothering to educate him on why breaking into her room and watching her sleep like a creep was inappropriate on so many levels.

She shouldn't even have to tell him anything because the bastard knew that. "What could you possibly want?"

"Straight to business with you, huh? Not even going to ask me how I am doing on this fine morning, or have some decency to get me something to drink and eat? Where did you throw your hospitality, baby?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, wanting him to cut the bullshit out already. He seemed to read her emotions before he sighed and uncrossed his arms, sliding his legs to the ground before he dragged his ass out of her bed, turning back to face her with a disappointed look.

"All right." His palms met together in a resonated clap.

"Get up and get dressed. Put on your happy face- imagine you're a little girl in her cute scout uniform, ready to sell her cookies. I want that energy. Meet me downstairs. You got fifteen minutes, or else I'd come back here and drag you in the condition I find you."

He turned and marched towards the door, halting in the doorway and turning his head back. "That includes if you're naked. But gotta remind you, we're going to church. Rest is up to you" He winked and exited through the door.