Chapter 07

"Hey little sis!" James called out to Ivy as she entered potions class.

"Please don't call me that." Ivy said very annoyed.

"Cheer up little sis." Sirius teased.
Ivy just rolled her eyes at the boys.

"Oh come on Ivy!" James said. He then whispered to her,
"I love you, we're just messing around."

James then hugged Ivy and kissed her on the head. Ivy smiled at that. James was always sweet, but never as much at school, or around his friends.

"Are you ok Ivy?" Peter asked Ivy after a few minutes.

"What? Oh yea, thanks Pete. I'm just really anxious right now. That's all."
Ivy smiled at him but not convincingly. Her smile was dry, dull. Filled with no emotion. Well I guess it would be an emotion, emptiness. If you count it as an emotion at all.

Emptiness is more of the lack of. Or the hollow and hole in something that should have been.

Peter read Ivy like a book so he asked,
"After school do you want to talk? By the Black Lake?"

Ivy was somewhat shocked by the question but pleased nonetheless,
"I'd like that a lot."
This time Ivy's smile was genuine.

She was always close with James of course he's her brother and the rest of them were like her brother's too but she spent such few time with Peter. Ivy knew Peter was the less appreciative one. And it would be nice to talk to him.

Potions went on smoothly after that, well as smooth as it could go with Sirius and James around. Surprisingly Ivy looked forward to meeting up with Peter all day.

She felt even more anxious after there conversation but only because she was eager to talk to him more.

Ivy's leg was tapping on the floor of the Charms classroom.

"Would you stop doing that?!" Christian asked from beside her.

"Hmm?"
Ivy was oblivious to what was going on, what Flitwick was talking about, and what Christian had asked her.

"I said, 'would you stop doing that'?"
He whispered to her trying to go unnoticed by the professor.

"Oh. Yeah sorry."
Ivy stopped moving her leg frantically only to start biting the inside of her cheek.

Christian quickly noticed it.
"Ok what's gotten you so worked up?"

"After class I'm going to meet Peter."

"Pettigrew? Please tell me it isn't a date!"

Ivy started laughing hysterically.
"Nooo!" She couldn't stop laughing.

"No. He's like a brother to me. As are the rest of the Marauders and James of course, he's my actual brother. But no, Peters like my brother. We're just going to talk."

Flitwick then came over after hearing her laughing,
"That has earned you a detention
Mrs. Potter. My class this evening after dinner. And I hope you learn your lesson."

"Yes Professor."

And he continued to teach like normal.
Class went on but it felt like an eternity to Ivy. The minutes past slowly by.

Before Ivy knew it her eyes had drooped asleep.