Chapter five

Like all the others, the white dragon swayed and danced to the music. Y/b couldn't take her eyes off it. She had travelled over a thousand miles, not knowing what she was looking for, not even sure that it wasn't some kind of stupid joke.

But here was a white dragon. She almost expected it to stop in front of her, the dancers to take of their costume and tell her all about it. Whatever 'it' was.

But the message had told her to follow the white dragon. That was easy enough, but how was she going to explain it to Brihony?

Brihony solved the problem herself.
'Hey, y/n, fancy a (food type)?'
'Sure! Thanks!' She had to shout to be heard.
' I'll wait here!'
She smiled and said, 'ok,' and ducked into the crowd.

Y/n took a deep breath and darted left. She was already following the dragon. The parade meandered along. Y/n was pushing through the people jolsting her on all sides, but she was able to keep up with the dragon as it danced to and fo.

She strained her eyes for some sort of clue as to what was going on something about the dragons decorations, or mabye a glimpse of someone inside it.

There was a hidden grille in the dragons throat that allowed the lead person inside its head to see out, but he couldn't make out the figure. When her eyes met the dragons, they were just blank and painted.

Then the dragon started to move away from him. To her surprise,  y/n realized it was turning to a side street on the other side of the road.
'Hey!' She called. The dragon ignored her, and the parade carried on. The crowd on the other side parted to let the dragon through, and them closed up again.

And now y/n was stranded with a wall of people and a moving parade between her and the thing she was after. She pushes her way through the onlookers on her side of the road, just as a marching band was passing by.

Cleaning her neck, and jumping as high as she could see over their heads, she could just make out the tail end of the white dragon disappearing down the alley. Then the band was past and he hurried after it. She stumbled under the front feet of another dancing dragon, and the operator inside its head had to swerve to avoid him.

Y/n heard a very human, very irritated 'Out of they way!' In a broad Austrailan accent, but she had already picked herself up and was pushing through the crowd on the far side. The alleyway  led away from the main street. Then, like so much of Broome, the town just stopped.

They alley turned into a dirt track that crossed a stretch of scrub and disappeared amongst some trees. The white dragon was now just a pale shimmer in the gloom and then it was gone.

Y/n broke into a run to try to catch up with it. They sounds of the parade the music, the laughter, the chat faded away behind her as she sprinted across the open ground. Then she was amongst the trees and saw a single light ahead of her.

Thirty seconds later she was in a clearing; in front of her was a warehouse surrounded by an empty car park.  The main doors were large enough to accommodate a truck, and a fades sign above them gave the name of a trading company that y/n guessed had probably closed down.

But next to the big doors was a normal, person sized door with a light above it, and it was ajar.
'Hello.....?' She called softly. She sidled closer, then pushed the door open and peered around.

Inside the Warehouse was a bug empty space. The edges were in a shadow, but there was a pool of dim orange light in the centre of the floor, where the white dragon costume lay discarded on its side.

Next to it stood an Aboriginal man wearing a T shirt and jeans. He waves abruptly.
'Come on in.'
Y/n stepped cautiously into the building, and a voice behind her ear said:
'Sorry about all the cloak and dagger stuff.'

She spun around and leaped away, but the second man had already pushed the door closed. Y/n's heart pounded as she studied him. The stranger was another Aboriginal man.

He had thick dark hair, skin the colour of mahogany, and eyes that sparkled with good humour. He wore jeans and a university of Melbourne sweatshirt.

'Our lives would be in danger if anyone saw us talking. That's all our lives. All three of us,' He added. That man walked passed y/n to join his colleague by the dragon costume.

A nod of his head and a smile said that y/n should follow him. The smile was friendly despite his ominous choice of words.
'Who are you people?' Y/n asked. Her heart was still thumping,  but less widely now. He carefully hung back so that she could make a break for the door.

Still, she told herself, she was probably in no danger. If they had wanted to harm her, the second man could have hit her on the head and she would never have known anything about it. And why go to all this trouble to lure and English girl in harm's way?

'Told you he wouldn't remember,' said the first man. He was shorter and stickier than his friend and his voice was less warm. If y/n had closed her eyes she might have thought both men were Austrailians of European descent.

'Believe it or not, we have ment before,' said the second man. 'I'm Barega. The last time you were here, I worked with your parents as the go between with the Jungun. Your dad and I had a beer together most evenings and once I heard him telling you a story. About Jim Rockslide.

For a few seconds the years fell away and y/n was a little girl. She was sitting with her father, listening to the latest exiting Jim Rockslide tale.

Her father loved the planet, and the Jim Rockslide stories were his way of getting his daighter interested in it too. The Hero Geologist had been invented when y/n was very small. Every time they were on a new country, her dad thought up if new stories based on the countryside around them.

He would illustrate them by pointing out different rocks each millions of years old; each a different shape and colour. They showed what an amazing place planet earth could be. That was what her father had cared about a passion he has wanted to pass onto his daughter.

And yes...mabye y/n did remember an Aboriginal man being around too. She remembered because she had been going enough to feel jealous of anyone else who heard these stories, which were special to her and her dad alone.

'Yeah, I think I remember.' She looked at the other guy. 'And what about you?' She felt she was owed an explanation.
'Im Ganan,' the other man said, 'and my father is the chief of the Jungun. Barega, tell her what This is all about.'

Hey guys I am doing another story do you want peter pan the book or harry potter the book where you are harry potter so basically y/n potter its the philosophers stone book one so could you choose one for me to do and don't worry I'm still doing this but I can think of anything right now

Claws of the Crocodile  (Fem! reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara