sixteen

Her bones where ice against her skin; blood frozen from it's usually stream as she tip-toes around the castle with calculated steps. Winnie Yuller head bobbed her head feverishly in hopes of calming herself; she was sneaking around the castle, just like she had done on the night of her escape. Winnie felt her spirit whimper at her for being so careless, again, as she tip-toed down long corridors, the same horrible art pieces glaring at her, her eyes lingering on each tile on the polished floor.

She was headed to Alina Starkov's room, as she had finally convinced herself to take the girl and run, and with half a heart - she changed from her night gown into a plain tunic and black trousers. Winnie's chest burned as she thought of Kirigan, there had been a lick of guilt when she thought that she was leaving. Leaving him again, she almost felt sorry. However, her brain devised a plan - which may not work - but her being burned to take charge, eager to go back to Ketterdamn; to see her friends.

She thought back to the night on the balcony when she had been in Kirigan's arms as they watched the fold pulsate in front of them; glare at them from afar, and she gulped. The hair on her skin rose, and her blood only grew more cold. It was almost strange, running away from a man but he continues to plague her mind, it was suffering and melancholic. She needed to rid Aleksander Kirigan from her mind.

He was a parasite.

She turned a corner, and Winnie blessed under her breath at the sight in front of her. Gingerly, she brought both hands toward the floral wallpaper; palms flat against the wall as she searched for a hidden door. She contributed to bless under her breath, rotating between ravkan and Kerch, until she finally knocked on a hallow part of the wall.

She closed her eyes for a moment; relief flushing over like a tumble of water. She knew that Alina would be behind a door made of fabrikator steel, a risky job to dismantle if she was inexperienced. However, a sense of familiarity swarmed over her, and she finally felt an emotion close to giddiness flow through her as she allowed a bulb of light seep from her palms; a hot ball that she let hover over the coral wall and worked her way to create a large circle; mentally mapping where the metal could be bolted.

For a moment, she doubted that she had done anything, dread was quickly finishing the light in her hands, causing her the light to vanish. She waited for a moment, staring at the wall with desperation, a hint of frustration and finally fear as her ears peaked at any form of sound coming from both ends of the corridor. There was none.

However, the wall began to lift from its position, opening outwards like a volt and Winnie almost screeched in glee. Using her hands to pry the door to its side, she allowed her self through the frame.

Once inside, the was surprised the orphan still asleep; curled in a ball in her bed as her face was in the direction of the window.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing." whispered Winnie, inching closer toward the orphan with slow strides, but her stomach continued to churn at the thought of being caught. She had come so far, she couldn't fail so close to rescuing the girl.

She crouched to the floor awkwardly, a bony finger moving toward the girl's face. "Alina," she whispered, tapping her cheek. "Wake up."

The girl stirred in her sleep, moving her hand to swat at Winnie's wrist. Reluctantly, Winnie moved her hand away for a moment. There had to be a way to wake the girl up without attracting unwanted attention. Though, she doubted she could wake the girl up without her possibly screaming. Instead, she got up and walked toward the girls wardrobe, rummaging for a tunic and a pair of trousers.

Once found, she threw them on the bed and made her way back toward the girl. "Alina," this time she poked the girl's rib. "Saints, Alina!" she knew hissing at the girl would only soil any progression that could happen between their relationship, but Winnie feared for time.