01 - detention

jin sat on the ledge of the school's rooftop. she swung her legs up and down, hitting the back of her foot against the cracked wall and wondered how far the fall would be if she did end up slipping by accident.

"masaki! masaki jin!"

she flinched at the raging voice, almost actually falling forwards. finally turning around she could see an angry principal along with her friends and brother dragging their feet behind him.

"oh hey guys... and principal watari." jin waved to them and quickly slid off the ledge, "what brings you here?"

"what brings me here? WHAT BRINGS ME HERE?" the principal's face reddened with anger. to be precise, he resembled a tomato with a receding hairline.

"sir, that's exactly what i just asked you-"

konoha snickered at your remark, but immediately turned away after earning a glare from the principal.

principal watari lets out a long sigh.

"masaki, how many classes have you skipped and how many warnings have you gotten this week? also the rooftop is off limits to students and shouldn't you be in class right now?"

there were honestly millions of possiblities of why the principal was hunting jin down.

"5 and... um... 9 i think, sir." jin answered sufficiently, still trying to suppress her laughter.

"well missy, now you know why you've earned yourself a week long detention. good thing i'm not suspending you." the adult man clicked his tongue in annoyance. "go to class 2 after school today, have fun cleaning classrooms for the next 5 days. hoshi, get rid of those earrings before i take them."

"yes sir, anything for you sir." hoshi responded with sarcasm.

as soon as the principal slammed the door behind him, all four kids dropped on their knees and broke into tears of laughter.

"did you see how red his face was?" hoshi said, between tears.

"please did you guys see how the sun was reflecting off the bald spot just above his forehead?" kiyoko giggles.

at miyagi senior high school, events like this wasn't exactly a surprise. the school itself was already known for causing trouble: drugs, violence, rumours, you name it. but like every other school, this hell hole has good and bad people.

out of all the second years, the main four that stood out the most was probably jin and their group. oddly enough, the four were able to become friends despite their major differences.

firstly, we have masaki jin and hoshi. both being quite popular for different reasons. mainly for having good looks, though hoshi tends to be more of a heartthrob since he is nicer than his younger sister. jin's popularity was also fueled from the fact that she is the best player on the ice hockey team.

the masaki siblings were definitely a handful for the teachers and students (hoshi's grades constantly gave his home room teacher headaches), thought they've almost never gotten involved with violence.

konoha akinori, mma club, 4 time champion of the mma junior state competition. his father was a famous judoka back when konoha was still in primary school. regardless of him being a mma champion, he would never throw the first punch during any fight or try to get involved.