Pearl AU (Steven Universe): Part II: Nephrite's Duty

(This part takes place immediately after the events of the story that Tanzanite told Steven. This is BEFORE the corrupting light.)

*Blue Pearl is seen rushing into Yellow Diamond's throne room*

Nephrite F143-C12 *on Diamond communicator*: My Diamond, this is Nephrite Facet-413, Cabochon-12. I am reaching out to you to report the status of the Lapis Lazulis. They have just emerged. Where would you like their first mission to be?*

Yellow Diamond: "Earth, Pink Diamond's colony."

Nephrite: "Y- Yes, My Diamond. This is Nephrite, signing off!"

Yellow Diamond: *sighs in frustration* "We need to do something about those rebels..."

Blue Pearl: "Yellow Diamond... I have horrible news!"

Yellow Diamond: *stands up from her throne* "This better be important!"

Blue Pearl: "My Diamond and her subjects have been captured by the Rebels on Earth!"

Yellow Diamond: "Hymph. Typical of them. Did they really think they could outsmart the Diamonds?"

*Yellow Diamond returns to her throne and activates the communicator once again*

Nephrite F143-C11: "This is Nephrite Facet-143, Cabochon-11! How may I be of service, My Diamond?"

Yellow Diamond: "I would like to speak to Nephrite Facet-143, Cabochon-12. This is an urgent matter."

Nephrite F143-C11: "Of course, My Diamond! One moment, please..."

*The Nephrite steps out of view and the other Nephrite from before enters into view*

Nephrite F143-C12: "You summoned me, My Diamond?"

Yellow Diamond: "Yes. I have a specific assignment for those Lapis Lazulis you mentioned earlier..."

Nephrite F143-C12: "What do you have in mind for them, My Diamond?"

Yellow Diamond: "You will send three of them to Earth. They will spy on the Rebels to gather information, and they are to return back to Homeworld."

Nephrite F143-C12: "Y- Yes, My Diamond! Nephrite, signing off!"

To Be Continued...

Sorry for making this part so short! I'm still trying to balance my work schedule with my hobbies, so bear with me! I decided I'll release each new part around a week from the last one (maybe earlier, idk). Again, sorry for the short part! I hope you still enjoyed! Love you all!

(Btw, Steven won't be mentioned for the next few parts. This is because I want to introduce backstories for each of the main five Crystal Gems!)