Chapter Two - How it All Began

*Ada's POV*

I was born in the lovely town of WICKED, New York, but my dad got a job in NYC, so we left when I was about seven. After I was done with Middle School and my little brother Chuck was about to start Middle School, we moved back. The summer before my Freshmen year, I met the four dorks I call my best friends, today. I met them at Glader lake which is a three hour drive from town, but it is and always will be my favorite place.

My family had moved into our house the last month of the school year, so Chuck and I could make new friends. Chuck made some friends right away. I was going through a phase where I was mad at the world and only wore dark colors, which most girls found intimidating or just plain weird. I was used to being a loner since I didn't have any friends when we lived in the city, anyways.

It was the first week of summer vacation when my family went up to Glader lake. I had just dyed my hair black and my music taste was undefined. The whole drive up I stared out the car window like I was in some sad movie, while listening to Nirvana's Bleach album. Chuck tried to talk to me, but he learned that I wasn't in the mood for having a conversation. We had our golden retriever, George, he sat in between us.

Once we finally got to the lodge on the lake. Chuck managed to crash right away on his bed, my parents had dinner reservations, so I decided to go down and hang out by the lake with the dog. That had been the first time I'd been to the lake since I was a little kid. Yet, I still remembered it as if I had been there everyday for the past seven years.

I admired the lake in the moonlight. I must've looked like a weird shank. Fourteen year old girl with black hair, black jeans,  plaid flannel shirt over a Joy Division t-shirt , and combat boots sitting with a golden retriever. I had found a secluded spot, where I knew I wasn't going to be disturbed. I sat on a large rock by the water and let my legs dangle over the side. I took a couple pictures with my camera because the lake looked so gorgeous, my dog looked gorgeous too. Sat there alone for at least an hour, just me and my thoughts. That's when it happened.

"Guys, we're almost there." I hear a boys voice squeak, his voice sounded as if he hadn't started puberty yet.

"What is so bloody important about a secluded area, Tommy?" A British accent rung out among the trees.

"It's w-" The boy with the squeaky voice stopped mid sentence.

I turn around and see four boys about my age standing there in awe.

"I thought you said it was secluded." A Korean boy said to the boy, who I was guessing was the one with the squeaky voice.

"It is. I was just going." I said as I quickly jumped off the rock. "The spot is all yours, boys." I started the long walk towards the lodge. "C'mon, George!" I called to the dog who quickly followed behind me.

"Wait! Aren't you that girl who just moved in on Griever Avenue?" The last of the four boys asked.

I stopped from where I was and turned to face the group, George stopped and sat down by my feet. I finally got a good glance at them. One of them was buffer and taller than the rest, he also had some killer eyebrows. One sported glasses and stood up straight, while the others slouched, he was also the best dressed and seemed more mature than the others. The Korean one was skinny and had a very inviting, yet mischievous, smile. The last one looked like he hadn't started puberty like the other three had and had a very childish demeanor.

"Yeah. Who wants to know?" I say slightly timid, but I wanted to seem tough, so I tried to look as intimidating as I could.

The bulky one stepped towards me holding his hand out awkwardly. He had dirty blonde hair and some dull blue eyes. He had some freckles on his noise and a goofy smile.