Chapter Three - Teaching Minho to Swim

*Minho's POV*

"Hey, shuckface!" I heard someone shout from outside my house.

I looked out my window and see all of my friend leaning against Newt's VW van. Ada's dog, George, was sticking his head out of one of the windows.

"What are you guys doing here it's six o'clock in the morning?" I asked sleepily.

"Pack a bag, we're going to the lake!" Ada exclaimed.

"But I thought our families weren't going to the lake this summer." I asked rubbing my eyes.

"That doesn't mean we can't, Minho. Plus, Newt can drive. Go pack a bag, shucker!" Ada exclaimed.

"I'll pack a bag if you promise to get naked." I said to Ada smirking.

Newt, Thomas, and Gally had giant grins plastered on their smug faces. Ada groaned.

"Addie, it's not a bad idea." Newt said looking down at her.

"I'll get naked on one condition. You shanks are gonna teach Minho how to swim. If he can swim on Friday, we'll go skinny dipping that night. Deal?" Ada explained.

"Deal." The others said in sync.

"Oh, come on. Why is that necessary?" I asked in outrage.

"Go get ready. You slinthead."

●●●

The drive to the lake was pretty simple. Newt drove so he was pretty quiet during the ride. Ada called shotgun which meant the whole ride there was basically pop punk and alt. rock blaring through the speakers the entire time, while she took an unnecessary amount of photographs. Thomas fell asleep within the first 15 minutes of the drive, and remained asleep until we arrived and I woke him up by throwing his bag at him. Gally was super excited about going to lake and wouldn't shut up about it, but when we got there he wasn't excited anymore. George did what dogs do and enjoyed the ride with his head out the window.

When we got to the room there were only 3 beds. I thought Ada would get a bed to herself, but..

"I am not sharing a bed with one of you shanks!" Gally roared.

And Thomas and I were already sharing a bed.

"Fine, that's okay. I don't mind sharing with Newt." Ada said flopping down on Newt's bed.

"Addie-" Newt went to protest.

"I don't have cooties and we're only here for a few days. It won't hurt anything." She said lifting her shirt over her head revealing her swimsuit. "Suit up boys. We gotta teach a shank how to swim."

She was out the door, with George following close behind, before we could even comprehend what was happening.

"I wore my swim trunks up here, shuckers." Thomas exclaimed. "I'm gonna go get some hot girls' numbers."

And like that he was gone. He might of hit puberty, but he wasn't going to get any girls to give him their numbers.

"You're sharing a bed with Ada, try not to be too loud." I teased Newt.

"Don't be a bloody slinthead, Minho. Addie and I have a strictly platonic relationship." Newt said fishing his swim trunks out of his bag and leaving the room to change.

"Yeah, right. I bet 20 bucks that he's gonna get a bloody nose when we go skinny dipping on Friday." Gally chuckled.

"That's if we go skinny dipping, Gally, but you're so on." I said as Newt came back into the room.