~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻~

"(Y/n)? Are you awake? (Y/n)?" You heard a faint voice.

"Ugh my head."

You woke up, unsure of your surroundings, all you were able to see was a dim room.

"(Y/n) you're alive! You've been out for hours and I was starting to worry that you had died." Kaido sniffled.

You could tell he'd been crying, by his somewhat raspy, tired sounding voice.

Your head was throbbing in pain and your eyesight was fuzzy. It was like the worst headache you'd ever had. You must have hit it pretty hard when you collapsed to the ground. Maybe you even had a concussion.

"Where are we Kaido?"

"When we were caught and you were sedated, the guards dragged us down to the dungeons."

You were regaining your senses back and were able to smell the gross rotting smell of the dungeon. Had people died in here? The smell made the already aggravating pain in your head even worse.

"While we were being taken here the guards were also pretty harsh. The pretty much dragged you by your feet while you're head was still dragging along across the floor. " Kaido explained.

"How do you feel?"

"I'm okay, but my head hurts and I can't see very straight my eyesight is a bit fuzzy. The rotting smell isn't helping."

"I figured it would. But once you get used to the smell it'll hopefully start feeling a bit better."

You try to get up but quickly, but before getting even half way up, you felt a soft hand pushing your head back down.

"Rest (Y/n), you hit your head pretty hard when you fell. I don't want you to risk your injuries getting even worse. The floor is really hard and cold, i-if you're uncomfortable, you could lay on my lap."

You nod your head yes. Kaido lifts your head up and places it on his lap. Although Kaido was quite a skinny boy, his thighs felt way nicer than the hard, cement floor on your sore, throbbing head.

"Thank you, Kaido."

"It's nothing." You were surprised at how calm Kaido had become. When you woke up you could tell he'd been crying and The last time you saw him, he was on the verge of tears no, he was hysterically crying . Although you couldn't see him clearly, you could tell by his voice that he was. Had he given up? Had he lost hope that you'd both survive this? If he had, you couldn't tell whether he was taking it well or not.

"I'm sorry (Y/n)...I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you and now we're stuck here and might even die. I know I'm supposed to be the all mighty, brave, tough Jet Black Wings guy but, the truth is...Jet Black Wings isn't real. I'm just a weakling who can't stand up for himself and uses the Jet Black Wings as a way to cover up his sad reality. I hope you can forgive me."

Wait, he seriously thought you and everyone else believed that he was Jet Black Wings? The idiocy of this guy. How stupid did he think everyone was? I mean even Nendou could have guessed that he wasn't a real super hero with the most powerful superpower in the world.

But nonetheless you had to play along. In a time like this we didn't need anymore crying or panicking. Even though he was calm, he looked like he was about to start crying again after admitting this to you. Anything small could start him crying again.

"Oh really? I could have never guessed he wasn't real.  You've always been so tough, brave and strong."

"You...really think I'm tough and brave? People have always seen me as a weakling or a coward. I mean I can't even get into the water without freaking out. My mother thinks that all of this is complete and utter nonsense and probably thinks the same as everyone else. It's okay though you don't have to lie to me."

"Yeah. I do think you're brave, really brave. You're one of the bravest people I've ever met in my whole life. And even without superpowers I know we can get out of this alive, together, I promise."

"Pinky swear?" He says, holding out his pinky.

"Pinky swear." You repeat back to him while interlocking your pinky with his."

"I promise we'll both get out of this alive."

Your statement made him blush. Nobody had ever told him he was tough, brave or strong before. You had given him hope. He smiled.

Your eyesight had gotten clearer and you could see the smile on his face. Although his eyes were red and puffy from crying, it still made you happy that you could see him smile in a time like this. You thought it was cute.

You'd never seen Kaidos genuine smile in the little time you knew him. Sure he'd smile, but it was when he had is tough guy persona on. He'd always do a stupid 'tough guy' smirk.

You liked his smile, it was bright, sweet and cheerful. You laughed. Seeing him smile like that made you happy.

"Huh? What was that for?" He blushed.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." You giggle.

"If you say so." He stutters still embarrassed.

Although times were tough, you'd completely forgotten the horrible situation you were in.

You'd forgotten about your head ache, you'd forgotten you were captured, the confusion, fear and the fact that you were probably gonna die. You and Kaido were able to share a nice moment together. One where you could bring a little bit of light into the darkness of your reality. A moment that would soon end...