Phone Number

TW: mature language

Clays POV

I walk out the store with my heart beating out of my chest.

did she see the letter?

god i hope she saw the letter

the way her hair lays at her sides

or the way her eyes have a faint glow

the way her dress twirls when she turns around makes my stomach fill with butterflies.

I was thinking about her for so long I didn't even notice how my finger tips began to turn purple, or how I had missed my apartment.

ah shit.

I awkwardly turn around in the crowd of people and walk back towards my missed apartment, while warming my hands with my breath.

~~~~

"69" I say wheezing. As childish as it is, I always found my apartment number funny.

I reach for my keys in my jacket and unlock the door.

My cat, patches was meowing  and rubbing against my legs as I walked into the warm embrace of my home.

"I missed you too, patches." I say as I kneeled down to pick her up.

She nudges her head against mine as I chuckled from her soft fur tickling my neck.

I place patches on the top of the couch cushions, and check my phone.

nothing still.

My heart drops at the thought that she didn't see it.

you idiot. she probably has a boyfriend.

"shit." I accidentally say aloud.

i didn't think about that.

I take in a deep breath and just hope she saw the letter and is single.

I take off my coat and throw it onto the couch beside patches, who immediately curls into a ball on top of it.

I head up the stairs and into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and begin to strip. I wait till I see steam coming off the water before I decided to jump in.

The hot water burned against my freezing skin, but in a good relaxing way.

~~~~~

Now clean, and warm I walk across the hall into my room with a towel around my waist slowly sliding down.

I pull out black sweats and a white t-shirt.

Clothed and dry, I head downstairs to the couch to watch some T.V. with patches.

I pick up my previously forgotten jacket and throw it on the floor, too lazy to actually hang it up.

I settle onto the couch and patches comes over to lay down on my lap. I stroke her soft fur for a few minutes before turning on the T.V. to watch the movie "jackass"

I lose interest in the movie pretty quickly, so I start to scroll through my phone secretly hoping she'll text me.

I deicide, to just let my mind have a break from thinking about her and place my phone on my lap besides patches.

~~~~~

The movie comes to an end as the credits travel up the T.V. screen.

I glance down at my lap where patches was still sound asleep, and flipped my phone over.

The time read 2:12 A.M.

My heart sinks at the blank phone screen.

whatever... i've got to get to bed anyways.

I carefully scoop patches up and throw my phone in my pocket as I travel back up the stairs to go to sleep.

As I was placing patches on the edge of my bed my phone dings in my pant pocket.

Without a second thought I grab my phone out of my pocket and look at my screen.

2:14 A.M.
10/26/21
1 New Notification:
Unknown number
"hey :)"

Authors note-
614 words. Sorry for another short chapter. Clays chapters will get longer later in the story! :)