26.7

ONE YEAR LATER

Dixie grips the steering wheel as she revs the engine before she puts the car in gear.
"All right. We made it, Nico," Dixie says as she pulls in front of the school.
"Yeah, we made it!" Nico cheers.
"Yeah, we made it. Now I just gotta find that door button," Dixie says as she searches for the button. "Buddy, where's the door button at? Do you know?"
"Hi," A teacher says as he walks over.
"Hey," Dixie says as he pushes the button. "Yeah, of course. I'm new to this."
"Yeah, you don't seem like the minivan type," The teacher says with a chuckle as he gets Nico out of his car seat.
"No not exactly," Dixie says in agreement. "Hey buddy, you gonna give me a high five? Wait, wait, wait! Wait, high five!" Nico gives Dixie a high five. "All right. Yeah, buddy. Appreciate it, thank you."
"Don't worry. You'll get used to this in no time," The teacher tells her.
"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of," Dixie says to herself as she starts the car. 

"Come on, let's get Aunt Dixie," Brian tells Nico as well he picks him up before chasing after Dixie.
"Oh no," Dixie says playfully as she giggles causing Nico to giggle.
"We're going to be late," Mia says as she comes down the stairs.
"Wait for us on the porch," Brian tells Nico as he sits him down before Nico runs outside.
"You got everything?" Dixie asks her sister since Mia was going to stay away for the weekend while Brian and Dixie watch Nico.
"Yes, I think so," Mia answers her with an excited smile.
"I'll go get Nico in the car," Brian says before kissing Dixie on the cheek. Nico is on the porch as he waits for Brian, playing with a red car while running it over the top of a box.
"All right, buddy. We gotta go. We're gonna be late," Brian says as he walks out onto the porch with Nico's backpack. "Come on." Brian picks Nico up before carrying him out to the minivan. "Okay, what do you think? Parking brake slide right up to the school?"
"Where's mommy and Aunt Dot?" Nico asks as he looks for Mia and Dixie.
"I don't know. They're up there. They're coming," Brian answers Nico before he puts Nico into the car. Dixie walks out onto the porch as she smiles at the sight. "Here we go. Watch you head."
"Dom, you have a package out here," Mia calls inside as she notices the box on the porch. "It's from Tokyo."
"Tokyo?" Dom asks as he walks outside. "What? Is Han trying to convert me over to a turbocharger?"

"All right, you ready?" Brian asks Nico, having buckled him into the car seat. "There we go."
"Yeah!" Nico cheers as he throws his toy car out of the minivan.
"Hey, Buddy. Cars don't fly," Brian tells him as he picks up the toy car.
"Hey, cars don't fly," Nico repeats after him.
"This one did, huh?" Brian asks him as he hands the toy car back.

"Brian in a minivan. Things have changed," Dom says as he and Dixie watch Brian and Nico, while Mia walks over to Brian and Nico.
"We're struggling Dom," Dixie says as they walk down the steps. "He doesn't want me to see it but the white picket fence is like an anchor on him. I can tell because I feel the same way. I tried to talk to him the other night. You know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls, he doesn't miss the cars like I do. He misses the bullets."
"Let him settle in," Dom says as they stop walking. "Give yourselves time."
"How does nine months sound?" Dixie asks him with a slight smile causing Dom to look at her in slight shock and confusion. "I'm having baby." Dixie looks down as Dom looks at her with a smile.
"And you didn't tell him, did you?" Dom asks her before they look at Brian. "You got to tell him."
"I don't want him to be disappointed with his life," Dixie says as she slightly shakes her head. "With me."
"He will never be disappointed with you," Dom reassures his sister. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to him."
"Thank you," Dixie says as she pulls Dom into a hug. Dixie continues down the steps as Dom's phone rings while Mia gets into the car.
"Yeah?" Dom answers his phone.
"Dominic Toretto," A man on the other end says as he throws Dom and Letty's necklace along with Brian and Dixie's necklace at Han's flipped car. "You don't know me. You're about to." Dom quickly pulls the phone away from his ear to that it is a private number in Tokyo.
"Get Down!" Dom yells as he realizes who the box is from. Dom quickly pulls Dixie to the ground, covering her, as Brian quickly closes the door on the minivan. The box explodes slamming Brian up against the minivan from the blast.
"Brian!" Dixie yells once the blast is over. Brian quickly gets up opening the door as Dixie runs to them and Mia gets out of the car. "Brian!" Brian pulls Nico out of the car to find he is perfectly fine. Mia pulls Nico into her arms while Dixie hugs Brian. Dom realizes that his family almost died before he turns to his childhood home, which is up in flames and smoke.  Dom has Brian, Dixie, Mia, and Nico leave the country before going to find Hobbs, only to find out that he is in the hospital.

MONTE CRISTI, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

"Thank you so much for letting us stay, Mando," Mia says as they walk through the garden. "I hope it's not a problem."
"Listen, Dom needed a safe delivered to Rio in two days," Mando explains to her. "That was a problem. Hosting his family in the Dominican Republic, that is vacation. Anyone messes with you here, they mess with the entire country. You'll be safe." Mando's phone begins to ring before he answers it in a different language. "Yeah, Yeah, They're here. I picked them up myself at the airport. Hold on." Mando turns to Dixie and Mia, who had set Nico down. "Your brother." Mando hands the phone to Dixie.
"Dom," Dixie says as she walks away from them.
"Yeah, Ally, it's me," Dom says as he walks out of the hospital. "How's it going there?"
"We're at Mando's," Ally answers him. "This place is like a fortress. You should see Brian. He's in full FBI mode. He built a surveillance hub in Mando's garage and everything. What about you? Did you find out who's after us?"
"Looks like the sins of London have followed us home," Dom explains to her. "How did Buster take the news?"
"I can't tell him," Dixie tells him. "If he knew about the baby, he'd stay here and make me stay here. And with all that's going on, your gonna need me and him by your side. I'll stay safe I promise. And we'll come home together."
"Tell Brian I'll see you both in LA in two days," Dom says even though he did not like that Dixie was coming.
"Where are you going?" Dixie asks him.
"Tokyo," Dom answers her. "I'm bringing Han home."

"Authorities are still trying to determine the motive behind this daring attack here at the office of the US Diplomatic Security Service in downtown Los Angeles less than 36 hours ago. Facts are still coming in but what is known is the suspect entered the building's fourth floor..." A news reporter explains on the channel that Brian is watching as Dixie enters the garage.
"Hey," Brian says as Dixie rubs his shoulders.
"You okay?" Dixie asks him.
"Yeah," Brian answers her. "This guy's just relentless."
"That's why Dom needs us," Dixie tells him. "We need to find him and we need to stop him before he does anymore damage to our family."
"You know, I just," Brian says before he looks at Dixie. "I've screwed up so many things. I couldn't live with myself if I screw this up, too."
"You won't," Dixie reassures him with a smile. "I believe in you. I believe in us. That's all that matters. I love you, Brian." Brian smiles at Dixie before they kiss.
"I love you, baby," Brian says as he rests his forehead against Dixie's.
"Just promise me, after this, we're done," Dixie says as she pulls away from him. "No more jobs, no more enemies. The simple life."
"I won't let you down, Dixie," Brian promises her.
"I know," Dixie tells him with a smile.

TWO DAYS LATER
LOS ANGELES

Brian stands beside Dixie, Mia, Tej, and Rome as Dom walks up to Han's casket.
"They say to live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die," Dom says as he places Gisele's photo on the casket. "But he put you in this grave. So now I'll do the same to him." Dom then touches his head and chest in a cross motion.
"I can't do no more funerals," Rome says as he, Brian, Dixie, Mia, and Tej watch.
"First Han. Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people," Tej says as he shakes his head. "We're being hunted." Dom notices a car slowly driving through the cemetery. "You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?"
"I hope so," Brian says in agreement. "Means he's close."
"Just promise me, Brian," Rome says as he looks at him. "No more funerals."
"Just one more," Brian says as Dom starts walking over to his car. "His."