27.7

COVERT OPERATIONS BASE - EL SEGUNDO, CA

"Now that I've given you this incredibly sensitive and highly classified information, what do you think, Toretto?" Mr. Nobody asks Dom.
"I think you already know what I'm gonna do," Dom tells him.
"Good," Mr. Nobody states.
"But it'll be my way. And my crew," Dom explains.
"I assumed you might say that," Mr. Nobody says with a smirk. "Which is why I've taken the liberty of gathering your team." Mr. Nobody motions out the glass window behind Dom, for him to see two SUV's pull in before Brian, Tej, Dixie, and Rome get out of them. Mia went to the hospital to be with Hobbs.
"This is crazy," Rome says as they look around. "What the hell is going on in here?"

The next morning they gather around a table to form a plan.
"Our intelligence suggest that Ramsey will be transported by an armed motorcade through the Caucasus mountain range. If they clear this range and reach their destination, Ramsey is as good as gone," Mr. Nobody explains to the team.
"So let me get this straight," Rome says as he looks at everyone. "There's only one road that leads in or out, sheer drops on every side, a motorcade from hell protected by a small army from one mile in either direction?"
"Yeah, that's about it," Mr. Nobody says in agreement.
"You done?" A soldier named Sheppard asks Rome.
"No, I'm not done," Rome answers him. "So you all wanted me to break into a police station. Fine. Then you asked me to stop a tank. I wasn't happy about it, but I did it. Then you came up with this brilliant idea to shoot down one of the largest airplanes ever. I shot that shit out of the sky. Mmm. It's nothing. But this right here, my friend, happens to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard of in my life."
"I forgot that you were the only one to bring the plane down," Tej says tauntingly causing Dixie to smile and nod in agreement.
"No, no. The only thing I've ever seen him take down was "No Knees" Denise," Brian says jokingly. "Remember, at Prom?"
"Really, Brian? You're gonna do that right here?" Rome questions him causing Tej, Dixie, and Brian to laugh. "See, y'all trying to get me off my point. All I'm saying is, I'm tired of everybody around me making all the decisions. This time, I lead. Seriously. If I don't start making decisions, I'm out."
"All right, Roman," Dom says with a smirk as he leans on the table. "What do you got?"
"I mean, I wasn't trying to get into the whole leadership thing, like, now. You know what I'm saying?" Rome says quickly causing Dixie to roll her eyes at him. "I was just, kind of, talking about, like, at some point. Like, you know, when we... Whatever. I mean, I think.... Let's hit it from here." Rome hits a spot on the map.
"I don't think that that's..." Sheppard starts.
"No, no, no, don't think," Rome interrupts him. "That's my job." Rome shushes him causing Sheppard to look at Mr. Nobody, who shrugs.
"Okay. It is impossible to hit it there," Sheppard tells him as he walks around the team. "That is literally the most secure spot on the mountain. Why? Because you cannot physically access it."
"See, that's what makes it so sweet," Rome tells him. "Because it's the place that they least expect us to hit them from."
"As much as I hate to admit it, he's onto something there," Brian says as he nods his head.
"Yeah, What do you think Dom?" Dixie asks her brother in agreement.
"Here?" Dom asks Rome as he points at the spot that Rome marked.
"Yeah," Rome answers him.
"I think we got a plan," Dom says as he looks at Dixie and Brian.
"Completely wrong thinking," Mr. Nobody says as he looks at the team. "And I like it." Sheppard looks at Mr. Nobody shocked.
"You see? I'm good at this," Rome taunts Sheppard.
"Good? Okay. How are you planning on getting on that road?" Sheppard asks him as he zooms in on the road.
"Well, Tej?" Rome says as he looks at Tej.
"I think I may actually have a plan for that," Tej says as he nods his head slightly.
"What?" Rome asks as Sheppard gives him a 'really' look. "I delegated. That's what good leaders do. Leader!"
"You know, when I was reading your files, I was impressed with what you've accomplished with your team," Mr. Nobody says as he stands beside Dom. "But meeting them now, I've gotta say, Dom, you've truly got a gift." Dom smiles before Mr. Nobody starts walking away. "Consider my workshop your new playhouse. I think you'll find our cars extremely appealing." Dom nods before turning back to face the team. "And your team is now complete." Mr. Nobody stops beside Letty, who had just been escorted in. Dixie points at Letty causing Dom to turn around. Dom looks at her shocked before walking over to her. They quickly catch up before they start walking over to the team.
"Brian! Dot!" Dom calls. "We're gonna need long-travel suspension, limited-slip differentials on all of them." Brian, Dixie, and Rome hug Letty while Dom keeps walking as he looks at the cars. "Tej. I want the demon love child between that and that." Dom points between a charger and an armored truck.
"That's a lot of armor. It's just gonna add more weight," Tej tells him. "Slow you down."
"This time, it ain't just about being fast," Dom says as he turns to look back at the team.