(1) Twisted Tales Of A Tormented Mind

Twisted Tales Of A Tormented Mind

Chapter 1

As Mathew sat in his dorm room pretending to play computer games he was actually thinking of ways to torture those who had tormented him throughout his life. He was cleverer then most people he had met before and multitasking was as easy to him as taking food from a baby. It’s not that he particularly enjoyed playing stupid games that was way too easy to entertain him but he had to keep up a façade. His roommate, Ben, was watching him curiously. He didn’t like the guy, he was an asshole, a womanizer and a drunk.

Mathew had a strong dislike towards alcohol. He didn’t understand why people would want to drink something that tasted like crap but above that he didn’t understand why somebody would want to drink something that screwed with their judgment, changed their personalities and made them act like dense idiots.

He thought about taking Ben out but that would mean a new roommate and he just wasn’t up for that, so instead he was just going to change his perceptions a bit. He would make him a much easier person to get along with. He needed somebody to help him with little odds and ends anyway and who better to do the job then the guy living with him. Of course Ben’s friends would notice that he has changed but that shouldn’t be a problem since he would be the one to tell them that he has seen the error of his ways and is a changed man

“I’m heading out,” Ben said as he got up from his bed. He grabbed his jacked that was lying on the floor and threw it over his shoulder. That is another reason why Mathew didn’t like him, he always left everything lying around and the mess was really starting to irritate him.

Mathew just nodded his head but was filled with relief. He was tired of pretending, he wanted to get started with his plans. As soon as Ben had left the room he switched off his laptop and laid down on his bed. The thing was uncomfortable and caused his back to ache. He groaned some profanities and punched his pillow until it bulged in all the right places for his head to lie on.

Once he was as comfortable as he could get on the hideous bed, he closed his eyes and concentrated on finding somebody. He wasn’t looking for anybody in particular, any one of the people he hated would do and since it was after ten at night he was sure that some of them would be asleep.

He ran through a list of names in his head and felt himself being drawn in. He wasn’t a hundred percent sure of how to plant the ideas yet, but it had worked once before so he was sure he could do it again. It was by accident that he discovered his gift but now he was going to use it to make sure that everybody who ever crossed him got exactly what they deserved.

He felt a strange sensation as he penetrated the dream and opened his eyes. He knew it was all just an illusion and that he was still lying peacefully on his bed but it felt and looked real.

He was standing in a shopping mall that he recognized from a long time ago. It was where his parents used to go buy groceries when he was much younger. He hated going with them, he hated them, but this wasn’t one of their dreams. This was Bobby McAlester’s dream. A boy that used to go to primary school with him. He hated him too, he hated a lot of people but with good reason. In a way he wished it was one of his parent’s dreams, he would love to see them suffer but that would just have to wait, he had to deal with Bobby now.

He watched as couples, young and old walked by, they didn’t seem to notice him. He was glad for this, his victims had to believe the ideas he planted was their own. It wasn’t long until a tall red head man exited a shop. He recognized him immediately and couldn’t help but feel frightened. Bobby had bullied him every chance he got. He was much bigger them him and would push him around. He could still remember the day Bobby broke his arm, he pulled him off the swing in the playground, pushed him to the ground and literally crushed his arm by jumping on it.

He swallowed his fear and reminded himself that this wasn’t real, it was just a dream and Bobby couldn’t see him anyway. He had thought about millions of ways to torture each and every person he hated but he wanted to see their thoughts before he made his final decision.

Bobby was just as arrogant as he remembered him. He was walking towards a pretty blonde woman who was smiling at him. As he was walking he pushed another man out of the way and laughed about it. Mathew found himself wanting to kill him right there and then but he couldn’t, this was only a dream after all.

He had to get more information, he had to find out what Bobby was most afraid of. Mathew moved over to where Bobby was standing next to the woman. It was a swift floating movement that only took him a split second.

“Go to your dark place, show me what you are afraid of,” Mathew whispered into Bobby’s ear. As he spoke the words the scene around him changed and soon he was standing in a small, dark room with a little table and chair in the middle. A butcher’s knife laid on the table and Mathew immediately knew what was going to happen next. An evil smile crossed his face as four big men dragged Bobby into the room and pushed him down onto the chair. Bobby was tied up and gagged. The men removed the gag and demanded him to tell them what he had done with their money. Bobby sobbed like a baby as he apologized and begged for their forgiveness. He had spent it on drugs and was begging them to give him a chance to make it up to them. The men looked like they were considering giving him a chance but then one of them grabbed a hold of his hand and pressed it down on the table. One of the other men immediately grabbed the knife and cut off four of his fingers, only leaving his thumb. Bobby screamed in agony as a pool of blood formed around his hand.

Mathew didn’t have to watch any further, he knew what to do. He moved over so that he was next to Bobby again and whispered into his ear.

“Go to these men and tell them that you had wasted all their money, make them really mad. Make them so mad that they torture you to death,” Mathew whispered, planting the idea deep into Bobby’s subconscious mind. Once he had planted the idea he pulled himself back and out of the dream. His mission was complete, now he just had to wait and see if it worked.

Mathew opened his eyes and scanned his surroundings, making sure that he was back in his dorm room. His body felt tingly and strange but it didn’t matter, he had just infiltrated a dream and planted his first idea.