(5) Twisted Tales Of A Tormented Mind

Twisted Tales Of A Tormented Mind

Chapter 5

When Mathew woke up the next morning he was filled with a sense of excitement. He jumped out of bed and quickly got dressed before eating some cereal for breakfast and heading out to class. He was early but it didn’t bother him, he liked watching the other students as they made their way to class.

Their professor, Mr. Macintyre was already at the front of the lecture room but he didn’t pay much attention to anything going on around him, that is until the bell rings and his personality changes into one of a crazy scientist. Mr. Macintyre is an old man, who believes is discipline and respect. Mathew valued these qualities, but most of his fellow students didn’t feel the same. They hated the old man and always made fun of him behind his back. Mathew wasn’t sure if Mr. Macintyre knew this or if he was really blind to everything that went on around him.

Rumors of Mr. Macintyre’s retirement have been spreading through campus like a wildfire. Apparently even some of the other professors were glad that they were finally going to be rid of him. Mathew found this very disturbing. The poor man deserved some respect and Mathew was going to help him get it. His plans will most likely get Mr. Macintyre fired as well but Mathew thought about it for a while and decided to go ahead with it anyway. If the old guy was going out he might as well do it with a bang and of course there was the fact that it would be extremely fascinating to watch.

Mathew made his way from one lecture to the next until the day drew to an end and it was time for him to head back to his room. He hadn’t thought much about Ben during day the since his mind was occupied with his own plans but he was pleasantly surprised to see him lying on his bed as he entered the room.

The place was a mess and needed a bit of a clean. Mathew had left his cereal bowl on the table and his clothes on the floor, just for Ben, like he always use to do.

“How are you feeling?” Mathew asked, kicking off his shoes and falling down on his bed.

“Like shit, everything hurts,” Ben complained, scowling.

“I know what you mean,” Mathew replied honestly. He’s been beat up so many times during his life that every bone in his body has been cracked or broken at one point in time.

“You do?” Ben asked, pushing himself up into a sitting position. He was being much more polite than usual, Mathew was pleased with this.

“Yes I do, I’ve had to live with the pain of a few broken bones,” Mathew replied. Ben nodded his head in understanding and then eyed the clothes and shoes scattered all over the floor.

“This isn’t like you, are you ok?” Ben asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

“Oh, I’m better then fine, I’m excellent,” Mathew grinned.

“But why are you leaving everything lying around? You usually clean everything,” Ben stated, confused.

“I’m tired of cleaning so I decided that you will be doing it from now on, don’t you think you should get started?” Mathew questioned. Ben took another look around the messy room and then got to his feet. A pained moan escaped his mouth as he did this but Mathew couldn’t care less.

“You’re right, I should clean this place before it gets too late,” Ben replied as he started picking up Mathew’s clothes.

Mathew didn’t bother helping him. He’s cleaned after Ben for long enough and like he said, it was his turn now. Mathew sent Ben to go buy pizza and although he probably shouldn’t be driving around is his state Ben didn’t argue, he even paid for it. When he returned Mathew grabbed a few pieces and ate in silence. Ben tried talking to him but he shut him up very quickly. Ben isn’t the brightest person and Mathew didn’t feel like listening to anything he had to say, it would only be a waste of time.

After eating Mathew took a shower changed into a pair of boxers and a t shirt and got into bed. Ben turned in early as well which was strange for him but Mathew was happy about this new development. He hated the fact that Ben always stayed out late and then woke him when he returned to the room, drunk and loud. Mathew waited until he was sure that Ben was asleep and then started concentrating on finding Mr. Macintyre.