- taking care

˖⁺‧₊˚˚₊‧⁺˖ "say yes to heaven, say yes to me.
I've got my eye on you, I've got my eye on you"
___________

the crew was sat down on a big dinner table, drinking alcohol and talking about their latest adventures. y/n sat between kazuha and beidou, she was too afraid to sit anywhere else.

she chewed on the grilled fish the chef prepared, looking down on her plate.
she didn't enjoy being around many people—
she always felt overwhelmed. it was too much she was even shaking, she was glad no one noticed... except for him.

her childhood best friend knew exactly how to comfort her, he was here for her whenever she needed him the most. under the table, where no one could've seen, kazuha placed his hand over hers and looked into her e/c eyes with a gentle smile on his face.

she almost gasped when he did that, but was lowkey thankful he was trying to calm her down.

"don't worry. everything is going okay, I'm right here if you want to leave and think it's so much for you to handle." - she nodded, not daring to look at him. he squeezed her hand before continuing to drink his beer.

' everything is going okay ' - she repeated to herself, closing her eyes.

"oh and by the way, I'm taking the chance to present you guys this kid. she's a new addition to our crew: treat her like your best buddy" - the girl immediately looked up as she heard her name being said by the captain. everyone's eyes was on her, waiting for her to introduce herself and she has never felt this anxious in her entire life. she battled her eyelashes, blabbering random words that no one could hear.

"oh uhm. she's y/n, she is from inazuma, we've known each other since when we were children" - kazuha said, interrupting the awkward silence. y/n exhaled, giving him an half-smile.

' thank god ' - she thought.

"since you two were children, you say? are you a couple?" - a female sailor asked, an almost annoyed tone on her words.

both of their eyes widened at that sentence.
her cheeks turned pink, she was asked this question like an hundred times, but it always gave them the same reaction. kaedehara's face flushed, he was parting his lips to deny it but it was y/n who spoke first.

"we— we aren't. we used to be best friends" - she gulped, looking at the sailor, who raised an eyebrow.

"used? what ha-" -

"quit it, yinxing" - beidou said, interrupting her. "let's go on with juza's story, alright?" - yinxing didn't reply, she just crossed her arms in irritation.

_____

a lot of time passed and the girl got to hear some of the craziest stories ever by the other members of the crew— they were unexpectedly welcoming, expect for that yinxing girl, that was giving her dirty looks the entire time. y/n didn't even want to ask, that sailor looked seriously bothered by her presence.

after minutes, almost everyone was gone to sleep, excluding her, beidou, juza and the samurai.

"wow, looks like kazuha got wasted again" - juza said, pointing in the white haired boy's direction.

she turned to her side to check up on him... to find him asleep, mumbling some random words. he was laying on the table, his head resting over his arms. y/n chuckled.

' he looks adorable ' - she grinned.

"why don't you take him to his bed?" - the captain asked to her, which made her raise her eyebrows.

"me? why me?" -

"me and juza have some things to deal with right now, and you just happen to be there, so.." -