Soulmates - I

This one was inspired from another author, 'fyodors' who wrote the one shot book about Fyodor Dostoevsky (from the Bungo Stray Dogs universe).

*****

The cold wind pierced William's skin as he stood at the city centre, where everything buzzed with life. Not to him, though, because everything was as grey as it could get. After all, he'd never known colour. His friends, family, had all passed through this stage. Everyone did. He was the only one who stood out in his circle. His loved ones would tell him about their soulmates, and all the blonde could do was hear it with a fake smile. He was tired, tired of it all - the pity they would show on him, the shoulder pat, along with "You'll find your soulmate soon, don't worry." He thought he could never find his soulmate, never experience the aspect of colour. He was sick  of the monotone world, which he had endured for the past 24 years. 

Now, he stood emotionless, in front of a famous art gallery that had opened recently the city. The sky was a deep grey, which either meant the sun had set early or there was a storm coming. William ignored it and went inside the gallery to explore. After about half an hour, he'd been through more than half of the gallery. Nothing ever seemed to catch his eye. The people around him, most of them, appreciated the masterpieces. They can see it with colour, after all, he thought. He felt his heart take a lunge and his mood worsen, until his eyes fell on a certain piece of art. A painting of a waterfall. It was so beautiful even without colour, William couldn't imagine how it would look for someone who had found their soulmate. He continued to stare at it for sometime, looking for the name of the masterpiece. 

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Without looking back, William answered, "Yes?"

"If you're looking for the name of the painting, it is called The Reichenbach Fall", a male voice replied. William turned around, bewildered, "How did yo-"

William cut off his sentence as his eyes focused on another man, about the same age, standing before him. Suddenly he felt dizzy, like his eyes were playing tricks on him. But they weren't. He knew what he was seeing. Colour. 

"You see it too?"  the other man asked. William's eyes widened as he took in the features of the handsome individual standing in front of him. He had raven hair tied in a ponytail, deep blue eyes, pale skin and a slim but strong build. "Well?" the man questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"I- yeah. Yeah I see it."  the blonde answered, still shocked from the sudden burst of colour. Apparently he must've looked very weird staring about the whole place, because the raven haired man let out a small chuckle. "So its you, hm? You have beautiful eyes. They glow like rubies"  he said. William felt warm and fuzzy inside. He'd never felt this way. "Th-thank you. Your eyes are beautiful as well." he complimented the raven haired male. "I'm William James Moriarty"  William held out his hand, introducing himself. "And I'm Holmes. Sherlock Holmes"  said the other, gripping the blonde's hand in a handshake. 

"So.."  William began, "we're soulmates. Now what?"  Sherlock chuckled as he replied casually, "We should get to know each other, probably. Why don't we go out sometime?"

"Um y-yeah. When are you free? I'm free tomorrow.."  William offered. Sherlock just snorted. "I'm free all the time. How about we go to a nice river, hm?"

"That sounds good."  William smiled. "Good then. We'll meet up here again tomorrow. See ya Liam!"  Sherlock bid goodbye, not before shaking the blonde's hand once more. Now William was alone at the gallery again. Except this time, he wasn't lonely. He'd found someone, who seemed to be a nice guy. And he wasn't going to let go.

******

I've decided to make a Part 2 for this. What do you think? 

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote!