The Scarlet Eye

William James Moriarty stood at the entrance of the National Gallery in London. His ruby eyes darted back and forth, nervous of his surroundings. Cars, buses, and people - everything was a blur as they went past him. His eyes refocused on the beautiful facade. 

He took a deep breath and made his way inside. It was around half-past six in the evening, and despite the traffic on the roads, the gallery was relatively empty. Understandable, since it looked like there was going to be a pretty heavy downpour. But, a silly shower wasn't going to stop the blonde from coming to the place. He'd come here many times, and he would do so, until the end. 

He took his routine tour of the gallery, and finally, his eyes rested on the section he came for. William simply loved paintings - modern art, traditional portraits, landscapes - everything. However, his eyes had been drawn to a certain set of paintings recently. Painted by an anonymous artist who only went by the initials 'SH'. His most famous works included The Empty Hearse, The Reichenbach Fall, and William's personal favourite - The Scarlet Eye, in which the infamous 'SH' had painted a captivating, devil red eye. It looked an awful lot like William's (suspicious). Almost everyone stopped in their tracks to admire it. This inspired a feeling of envy in William, who liked to think of it as his special painting. 

The blonde stared in awe at the rest of SH's paintings. No matter how many times he looked at them, each time was like the first. They were the only burst of colour in William's monotonous life. Everyday, he'd wake up, do his daily chores, go to work, and basically go along with the bleak humdrum of life. The only time he ever felt truly alive was when he would come to the gallery. Every month, 'SH' would create a new masterpiece. Every month, William would find a new reason to live. 

Once he covered all of the paintings in that section, he took a seat on one of the benches and brought out his laptop and books. He liked to work here, since the gallery always stayed open late, and people wouldn't bother him as long as he didn't cause a ruckus. It was a peaceful evening, to say the least.

Ring! Ring!

11:00 pm already?  he thought with a sigh as he closed his laptop and packed his belongings. Before leaving the building, his eyes swept over the paintings one last time. He thought about the anonymous artist. He didn't even know who it was. But all he knew is that William loved the person more than anything in the world. I don't know who you are, 'SH'. But I'll find you, one day, he reassured himself with a sad smile, and exited the gallery.

******

Heyy to the people reading this, sorry if I'm being irregular these days. My exams are approaching so I'll update whenever I can. Also, the MtP dub is released and I'm excited for it! Please let me know how it is if anyone has seen it. Also, sorry if this one was kind of short, heh. Anyway, thank you for reading and don't forget to vote :)