꧁ 6. A broken G note 、꧂

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

I stood there hidden in the crowd listening to the bard play.

If the timing was different I would've stood there awestruck with stars in my eyes staring at the bard like he's my lifeline.

He tried so hard to act like my brother, every vocal he sung. Every note he hit.

I hated it. A god who was supposed to help his people destroyed their city and erased it from history.

Yet somehow the name seemed to pop up in random conversations. I wasn't the only one here that knew about Khaenri'ah. And I needed to know who else it was.

I stood there leaning on a pillar listening to the rest of the performance while the crowd was huddled up to the bard who was sitting proudly in front of the Barbatos statue.

My, my~ we meet again? Perhaps fate is bringing us together? ❞ There it was again. The same flirty voice lingering through my ears.

Seems fate doesn't favor me then ❞ I replied back in a bored tone, not even sparing the man a glance.

Ah how rude can you be so rude with such a pretty face~ this time I just chose to ignore him. He doesn't seem like the person to shut up at all anyways.

He understood he wouldn't get a reply out of me and just gave in with a playful sigh, leaning on the pillar next to me.

It was a somewhat comfortable silence. Well, until he spoke up again..

You like listening to the bards songs?

The question mildly annoyed me. Of course I didn't. But what was I to say? I was standing here and listening to it anyways.

I'm not a fan of his, just someone who likes music. His music however is awful. I replied finally turning around to meet his smirk with a glare.

Well, I can say I agree. He playfully replies before he looks down at the nonexistent clock on his wrist.

Well, Duty calls! I'm a knight after all~ Later He exclaimed before walking away.

I watched him strut away only catching a glance at the hanging vision shining proudly on his belt. The silver pattern around it seemed familiar but I just couldn't pin point it..

I didn't bother replying back. Having to yell was such a pain.

I was listening to the rest of the concert as the music finally died down and the crowd disappeared. However, as I was about to walk away too the god came up to me himself.

Heya! You seem rather familiar but I just can't put my finger on it, are you perhaps a fan of mine?

Perfect, he doesn't recognise me.

As much as I wanted to keep my act up and just reply with a simple nod. My anger took the best of me.

Why would I be a fan of someone who can't even play a simple G note correctly. I angrily spat back at him.

I didn't even wait for him to respond and just started walking away.

As I left i could feel the bards frozen figure stand there and watch me disappear. You see, I didn't just say something random. I like to choose my words wisely. The the thing I had just told him..

..Was the same thing my brother scolded him about all those years ago.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

. . . ˗ˏˋ Don't forget to vote!
07.07.21
Word count: 513