Prologue

The cries of a woman echoes through the empty corridors of the Castle. In her personal chambers lay the Lady of that castle. All her personal maids surround her as she brang a new life into the world. Though with the Lady's size the maids didn't quite understand what it is that they were doing.

Then the sound of a crying baby girl filled the room causing all to be silent. The Lady held the child in her arms, tears welling from her eyes. Both from pain and happiness. The baby had raven black hair like her mothers. With a birthmark in the shape of a rose located on the back of her neck. But she had one golden eye and one sage coloured eye. Gaining the attention of the exhausted mother.

The child had inherited her fathers appearance much to the Lady's disappointment. But she wouldn't let a little detail in the child stop her from loving her daughter any less. She dismissed all the maiden leaving her with her new daughter embracing each other whilst drifting into the pull of slumber.

...Time Skip...

It had been about 6 months since the birth of new Dimitrescu. While Lady Dimitrescu was pregnant she asked Mother Miranda if she could skip the Lords meeting for she didn't want the other lords to see her in her weakened state. Though she didn't tell Mother Miranda of the life that grew inside of her, Miranda agreed. But Luck would run out for her as she was overdue on her agreement.

She had no choice but to leave for the meeting leaving her daughter in the care of her maidens. She picked up the small child placing small kisses on the girl and cradling her as she walked toward the entrance of the castle. She reached the large doors where her personal maid stood.

"I will be back in a week, Draga mea." She whispered to the girl. She knew her daughter couldn't but it was more to ensure the Lady herself. Then placing her into the maidens arms.

"If any harm comes to my daughter, you will pay with your life." She threatens the maid hoping to ensure her daughter's safety.

She just bows her head, "I will make sure no harm comes to her, M'lady." The Lady then turns to the door. Her hand is a bit hesitant on opening the door but she eventually does.

...........

It was quiet for the next few days. The Lady's personal maid had just finished putting her daughter to sleep and went to join the other maids in the kitchen. They found it more freeing without the large woman observing their every move. They also grew quite close with the infant as she would always be open to the embrace of others. She had an aura that was warm and kind.

The maids were deep in the gossip of the village when the sound of smashed glass silenced them. She quickly got up to go check on the infant for if she were hurt the Lady would have her head. She walked in a quickened pace toward the nursery. Then the clicks of a gun caused the maiden to stop.

"Where is Lady Dimitrescu?" The voice of a man questioned the maid pressing his gun to the back of her head.

She raises her hands to show that she isn't armed but flooded with fear as she heard another man's voice.

"Those maids said that Lady Dimitrescu isn't here; she left a few days ago." She started to shake at the sight of blood. 'Im I next?' She asked herself.

"Is that right?" His words aimed at the maiden. All she could do was nod. Then another man walked out of the nursery holding the Lady's daughter

"Look, that monster stole a baby" He said holding the sleeping girl. "That Bitch." The other man exclaimed. "We have to get her out of here." The man covered in blood said. "No" the maiden shouts. The man lowed his gun shorting the maiden through her chest.

Her vision begins to blur the last thing she sees is the group of men walking away carrying the thing she swore to protect. At least now she won't suffer from her Lady wrath when she finds out. 'Be safe, little Lady' were the last words she thought of succumbing to death.

...Time Skip...

Once the Lady of the Castle reached the gate she started sprinting inside immediately smelling the blood. She opened the door, finding the castle dead silent. She rushed toward her daughter's nursery. Her worry for her daughter worsened seeing all the maidens' corpses lying on the ground. The stench of man coming from them. She caught sight of her personal maiden collapse in front of her daughter's room. "NO" She sprinted directly for the door passing the body. The door flung open, the tall woman ducking into the room.

"My darling, where are you?" She said frantically searching for her daughter. She looked towards the cradle where the only thing she could see was the messy sheets. The presence of her child was nowhere to be found. Traces of blood on the white blankets. She collapsed onto her knees as her warm tears rolled down her face.

She felt if all the light had dissipated from her life unjust a few moments. Her child's face plagued her mind. She hadn't even given her daughter a name. She thought all of the names she would have given you. All her privileges that came from being a mother had been completely stripped from her. She was left broken-hearted.