o n e

it was a hot mid July weekend when the Lukasiaks moved into their new-but old-New Mexico home. according to her mother the house had been built in the late 1940's and had been intended to become a 'Bed & Breakfast'. the idea was quickly brought to ruins when the owner's husband passed away and was left a widow. the 8 bedroom suites where going to be accompanied by they're own bathrooms, but since the widow was left without anybody to help her pay off her dream "home" she was forced to only let three bathrooms be built. the rest of the house was completed and soon sold, as for the original owner? probably dead.

the house was located in Las Cruses, and because of this it was a two way street for tourists heading in from Texas, or back from states such California, Arizona, and such. luckily the house was secluded from mankind; at least that's what Chloe, the Lukasiaks eldest daughter, liked to say. but being in the "middle of nowhere" had its perks. for example; the family of four where surrounded by trees and brush on either side of their house for the next twenty acres of land. which would be great for exploring, but then again, there was no one around them..for the next twenty acres.

"do you mind watching Clara while your father and i leave to go to the store? it'll only be a couple of minutes." Chloe's mothers reassuring voice called out from the kitchen. as much as the family wished it would take only "a couple of minutes" Chloe knew it'd take longer, but the fourteen year old had been in this situation before and didn't mind taking care of her younger sister.

"nah", Chloe called out from landing on the second floor. not many more seconds then she had spoken is when her mother replied with a quick 'thank you' and squired out the door to meet her husband. the blonde walked back to the room she had just exited from, her black converse brushing against the wooden floor as she tucked a strand of dirty blonde hair behind her ear.

the room was taken up by big, brown boxes, a mattress that was laid in the corner of the room, and-of course-clara. after entering the room with rose red, flower wallpaper Chloe went back to finishing her job; unpack all the boxes. she pulled out many items; clothes, books, photos, paraphernalia, and much more. a couple minutes had past when the teen heard rustling in the corner of her room. thinking it was her sister fumbling with her stuff she whipped her head around, ready to scold the adolescent and to tell her to leave her thing alone. except when she turned her head she was dumbstruck.

in the far-left point of the room clara held scraps of wallpaper in her petite, pale hands, letting the rest make their home on the uncleaned floor. behind the five year old was a small wooden door, no bigger than two and a half feet. but the strangest thing was that the door hadn't been there before.

"Chloe, look a door!"