The Book

You hadn't gotten the chance to taste your coffee yet but you were too busy trying to operate your car in the rain. It was about 8:45 and you were supposed to be at your desk, signed in, and working by 9 AM.

After driving across the street to the company, you pulled into your assigned parking spot which was luckily located right next to the front door. Grabbing the coffee and your belongings, you ran to the entrance and inside the building. You had even managed to do all of that without tripping, wobbling, or rolling your ankle in your heels.

Wiping yourself off and doing a quick touch up on your clothes and hair, you walked to the main desk and signed in. After finally making your way to your desk you lounged in your chair and just sat there for a few moments collecting your thoughts. You began organizing the stuff on your desk and getting ready to tackle today's assignments.

Mr. Satoru, your head manager, was infamous for piling most of the work on you because you were the most 'reliable'. It was challenging and a bit irritating but you couldn't deny that you loved your job. It wasn't your dream job but it was about the closest thing you could get to it. You always wanted to be a best-selling author, hence your love for books and the bookstore that used to be across the street. So writing real life stories and headlines was the closest thing you would be getting to having a successful writing career.

"Hey Y/N!" an all too familiar loud and bubbly voice called.

"Good Morning Mr. Gojo," you said with a tired voice. "I brought some coffee for you. A regular dark roast with sweet cream and a shot of vanilla."

"Perfect! Just what I needed today! I knew I could count on you," he said with a small wink. "And not to ruin the mood but I hope you saw the notice for the major deadline change."

You were too tired to even complain at this point so a blatant stare was all you could manage to give him.

"Ah sorry I didn't.... uh- what's the deadline now?" you nervously asked.

"Midnight tonight! But the team already wrote it up so I just need you to revise and edit and all that jazz. You know the drill" he said a little too enthusiastically.

"right..." you sighed.

"Great! You got this Y/N! Well I better get going, I have to deal with a bunch of totally important manager.... uh.... boss type stuff." he said while shooting his ridiculous finger guns at you.

You rubbed your temples as he walked away towards his office. Maybe you could get it done pretty early today since all you had to do was revise and edit? You were almost too tired to function or do anything today anyways. Oh right! Your glorious cold brew was waiting for you on your desk, calling your name. You were just secretly hoping it tasted as good as it smelled. If anything you needed a good cup of joe right about now.

You took a big gulp, practically inhaling it and took all the flavor in.

"Oh...my....GOD. What the hell did they put IN this stuff? Cocaine?!" you said out loud. Tears were practically forming in your eyes. If the coffee gods were real you would be on your knees thanking them right now.

You leaned back in your chair and indulged in the smooth liquid as it slid down your throat, appreciating it with every gulp.

"Uhhh you good Y/N?"

You jumped and choked on your coffee with wide eyes.

"Jesus Yuuji! Why do you always have to sneak up behind me like that?!" you scolded the pink haired boy.

"I actually didn't try to scare you this time. You were just having such an intimate moment with that cup of coffee that you didn't hear me calling your name," he said while laughing.

You rolled your eyes and smiled at him. "Well whatever... just try this coffee ok? Trust me I almost had an orgasm from how good it was."

You excitedly handed him his cup of coffee and waited for him to try it.

"Damn, that good huh?" he laughed. "Well lets see about that,"

He jokingly inspected the cup and slowly raised it to his mouth. Just as you expected, his eyes widened almost as soon as the coffee hit his tongue.

"Holy mother of- that IS good! Where did you get this?" he excitedly asked.

"That new coffee place right across the street! It was really cheap too." you said with a satisfactory grin.

The surrounding workers were beginning to side eye y'all from how loud you were being.

"Well I really have to start working now. Would you mind giving these two cups to Megumi and Nobara? The cold brew is Nobara's." you said as you began to log in to your computer.

"Yeah no problem! Thanks for the coffee by the way and good luck today!" he said as he began walking away backwards.

You waved him off and got back to your work.

You restlessly labored, even skipping your lunch break in order to finish up early today. It was about 4 in the afternoon before you finally finished up everything. On top of finishing your assignments, you finished your deadline for the revising and editing and even started on some future assignments.

For 3 hours of sleep and 1 cold brew you were doing pretty good.

You could actually go home and relax today. You got up from chair and had a huge satisfying stretch before you began collecting your stuff.

'Alright I have everything- wait... where did I put my book?' you questioned in your head. 'The last place I had it was... oh right! The coffee shop.'

CRAP! THE COFFEE SHOP!

"Damn it! What if it's already closed?" you asked in frustration.

"What's already closed?" someone from behind you asked.

"Oh hey Yuuji. I think I left my book in that new coffee place this morning but I don't know if its closed already."

"Why don't we go see? It's right across the street right? Plus, I've been wanting to check the place out ever since I had that heavenly cup of joe." he said with a smile.

You sighed and agreed with him. You really just wanted to go home, read, and then sleep. But you wanted your book back more than anything.

---------------------------

After signing out, you both drove across the street in your own cars and pulled into the coffee shop's parking lot. The rain had cleared up and you were able to really take in what it looked like from the outside too. A huge sign was on the building that read "Junpei's Joe".

'That's a cute little name' you thought to yourself.

You and Yuuji hopped out of your cars and walked towards the door. Thank God it looked like it was still open. Your pink haired friend ran to open the door for you but it didn't seem to budge.

"Pull it dummy," you said to him.

"I knew that loser I was obviously just checking the stability of the door." he said rolling his eyes.

You laughed as you both walked in and jokingly pushed each other. Once again you were met with a tall figure that had a warm smile plastered on his face from behind the counter.

"Welcome to Junpei's Joe! Oh- Y/N right? And-" he stopped mid sentence as he looked to the man standing next you.

You looked at the both of them, a little confused as to why they both had that shocked Pikachu look on their face.

"Junpei?!" Yuuji screamed out with a huge smile.

What the- Did they know each other?

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry there wasn't much Junpei in this chapter but trust me its going to get there eventually:)