Reuniting

Do they know each other?

The two boys stared at each other in shock while you just stared in confusion.

----------------

"Junpei?!"

"Yuuji?", the barista slowly asked.

Yuuji excitedly jogged to the counter and held his hand out. "Yeah man its me! It's been way too long!"

The Barista stared at Yuuji's hand, not quite sure what to do with it.

"Aww I'm offended," Yuuji exclaimed. "You don't remember our super secret manly handshake?"

"O-Oh yeah. I remember it!" he stuttered out as he linked hands with Yuuji. After they completed a series of complicated hand movements they shared a synchronized laugh. You weren't really sure what was going on but you enjoyed watching this odd encounter.

The barista looked up, finally catching his breath and locked eyes with you. You weren't sure how to respond so you just gave a small awkward smile and waved. He smiled and gave an even more awkward wave back.

Yuuji watched the two of you greeting each other and interjected, "Y/N this is my old friend from high school! Junpei, this is my friend and colleague Y/N!"

You looked at the barista and jokingly curtsied, "Well it's very nice to officially meet you Junpei."

He jokingly bowed back, "Um- Very nice to meet you again Y/N." 

"Again?" your pink haired friend asked.

"Oh, he's the barista that served me this morning. And the man that made your bomb cup of coffee." you responded.

Yuuji's eyes widened, "No kidding! What's your secret dude? That's the best cup of coffee I've had in a long time."

"Oh uh- I'm not really sure. I just... kind of made it." Junpei said, slightly flushed at the face.

While him and Yuuji made small talk, you looked around the small café to see if anyone else was there. Once again, it was just you inside. With how good the coffee was and the location it was in, you would have thought it would be pretty popular already.

Yuuji broke your train of thought and placed his hand on your shoulder, "Hey I'm gonna run to the bathroom but make sure to ask for your book okay?"

"Oh, okay," you replied, now standing awkwardly alone with the other man.

"Hey- uh... Junpei right? I think I left my book here this morning. Did you happen to see it? It had a red cover on it if that helps any."

"So that's why you came back for the second time today," he said with a little laugh. "Yeah you left it here. I tried to tell you this morning but you were already halfway out the door."

"Oh, sorry about that" you said, a little embarrassed.

"It's no problem, I'm glad you came back," he said with a smile.

Not knowing how to respond you just laughed a little and an awkward silence filled the air.

After realizing what he said, he quickly tried to explain himself, "O-Oh! I mean I'm glad you came back for your book! Since... books are important to people and obviously you liked it and-"

you cut him off with a small chuckle, "Don't worry, I know what you meant."

Jesus, talk about awkward. Why was it so difficult for you to talk to him? And when the hell was Yuuji going to get back? He better not have taken this golden opportunity to take a shit.