Chapter 1: Reconciliation

(NOTE: You may find some part of this story to be confusing due to its difference from the original The Penthouse Kdrama series. But I will try my best to make it coincide with the original up until Oh Yoon Hee's death. Any scene after that may not coincide with this story. Thank you)

Two years after Oh Yoon Hee's death, Bae Ro Na, her daughter decided to talk to her father, Ha Yoon Chul, regarding what he told her on her mother's funeral.

She decided to call him after doing her work. She gave up singing classical music and became an ordinary girl helping the people at a countryside church. She became the angelic voice of the church choir. She knows the church will protect her as people are pointing fingers on her and her mother regarding what happened to Ha Eun Byul. The truth never came to light. Her relationship with Joo Seok Hoon also ended when she ran away from home. She cut all of her communication from the rich people of the Hera Palace and decided to reside far away where no one knows her and what happened to her.

**FLASHBACK **
*OH YOON HEE'S FUNERAL*

"Ro Na-ya I hope you can forgive me. Please, Can you give me a chance?"

"If my mom did not forgive, why should I? After all you did to me just for you daughter, Ha Eun Byul, I can put up with what you did to me just why did you hurt my mom?"

Ha Yoon Chul started to cry while on his knees infront of the girl.

"My Daughter I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not recognizing you soon. I'm sorry for not being by your side and your mom's side"

"What? Dont call me your daughter. My mom is not married to you anymore. And I dont want to be your daughter!"

"Ro Na-ya, I am your real father. I am telling you the truth."

"What are you talking about? If you have nothing good to say, get out!" Ro Na said as she got up and picked the white flowers on the vase to hit Yoon Chul with.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

She sighed remembering what happened that day.

**Dialing Ah Ju Ssi's Number***

"Yeoboseyo? Who is this?" Ha Yoon Chul said

"Ah Ju Ssi" she said reluctantly as she heard her father's voice

Yoon Chul paused and processed if he heard it right? If he just heard the voice of her lost daughter.

"Ro.. Ro Na-ya" Yoon Chul blurted out, as his eyes became teary from hearing the voice of his daughter.

"Ne-" she replied, she felt the sadness of her father's voice and she can feel that he is about to cry.

"Where are you? Are you doing okay? Did you eat already? " Yoon Chul said

"I... I'm fine now, I guess. I am also eating well these days. Somewhere far..." Rona replied

"Should I fetch you? I will go there this instant" Yoon Chul said

"Uhm Ajhussi, regarding what you said to me during mom's funeral... I want to know the truth. Our church priest here told me that I will become happier if I will untangle my past problems."

"I'm telling you the truth Ro Na-ya. Your mom told me everything before, when we're in prison. Should we meet?"

"Ne- I will go to Seoul this weekend. I want to talk to you in person Ahjussi. If its okay with you, I want to undergo DNA testing? From the result of that I will decide which path I will take."

"Thats fine with me. I will meet you myself. All of your belongings at the penthouse unit is still safe. I assure you"

"Ahjussi kamsahamnida. All of my mom's memory with us are there. Thank you for taking care of it. Bye now Ahjussi. I will contact you again. Kamsahamnida." Rona said while bidding goodbye to her father.

"No, Thank you Ro Na for contacting me. I thought I will never hear your voice again. See you soon." Yoon Chul said

***end of call***

Yoon Chul weeps as the call ended.

But he still continue what he is currently doing on his company. He now established a business on his own without any help from anyone.

His business ventures on pharmaceutical just like his previous JohnBIO. But he plans on expanding it to different fields in the future. He did his best to establish his business Verona. He named it after his lost daughter. The business instantly became a hit for just like on his previous he is the one who makes all of the planning, developing and such. Also his business is cruelty free. The people at the Hera Palace have no idea he is the owner of the said company.

**FLASHBACK**

Weeks after Yoon Hee's death he received a letter from the court indicating that Oh Yoon Hee left a property under his name. It is the former studio of Cheon Seo Jin that Oh Yoon Hee bought for her business becofe. On her will she said that this will be Yoon Chul's and he can do whatever he wants with it. After receiving the letter he cried so badly in his small apartment.

"Yoon Hee-aa, I will do everything to clean your name and I will take care of our daughter. I promise. You dont need to give me this. Sorry for everything. Saranghae Yoon Hee." He cried

He became more heartbroken when he heard that his daughter Ro Na went missing after the funeral and that Soo Ryeon and the others cant find her that's why he decided to break ties with anyone at the Hera Palace and start on his own. He don't want to be Joo Dan Tae's dog anymore.

The bad rich people of the highly respected Hera Palace are still doing bad things but are still being successful.

Joo Dan Tae is still running his business for his self named village.

Cheon Seo Jin gained back her fame as the Soprano and Ha Eun Byul is now studying at Seoul University even if she is disqualified, her mother pulled some strings. They issued a restraining order for Ms. Jin and Eun Byul filed a case against Ms. Jin. Unfortunately Cheon Seo Jin drugged her daughter again just to erased her memory and put all the blame on Yoon Hee.

Shim Seo Ryeon now knows that Seok Kyung is her real daughter and they're now in good terms. Seok Hoon on the other hand is not doing well, from him knowing he is not the real child of his beloved mom to the sudden disappearance of Rona which lead to their break up.

Others are living their lives even if they're doing bad things so why cant they?

Thats why Yoon Chul decided to sell the property that Yoon Hee left him to look for Ro Na their daughter and to establish his own business.

*END OF CHAPTER*

July 3 2021

Hi, This is the author. Thank you for reading the first chapter.

I became heartbroken with what happened to Oh Yoon Hee with the latest episode of The Penthouse 3. I really want her to have a happy life and ending with Yoon Chul and Ro Na but on the latest episode she died.

I am still hoping that the author and director will revive her just like how they revive other characters.

Lets have fun on this book. I will do my best to make their life happier.

Thank you!

-From a big fan of Oh Yoon Hee, Enjeruu 2021

7/6/21
-added some details.