I can't track magic

You had almost the exact same classes as Randall, meaning that you had to sit next to him in almost every class, which wasn't THAT awful but he could be a pain in the ass too sometimes. Like when class was over and he would run up to you in the hallway and walk with you to the next class, making you feel like you were under supervision all the time. And it wouldn't be soo bad if he just walked with you through the halls, but no. This guy could really talk as well, like he could never shut up.
And when it came to lunchtime the entire friend group reunited and of course pulled you along with them for planning their magic hunt.
-okay, so when are we going to start this magic hunt thing?/ you asked the group, almost startling them like they've forgotten all about it.
Lilith shot you a dark look as she picked with her fork in her lunch.
-yeah, you tell me. Smelled any magic lately?/ you gave her a glare.
-no, I'm not the one getting my ears pierced out every time someone use their magic. Why don't you tell me when you hear something?
-no maybe not. But you know how magic works./ Hamish joins the chat.
-yeah, can't you like, tell if someone's using magic?/ Jack also feels like dropping a stupid comment, like you haven't heard enough of his bullshit. You roll your eyes at his question, feeling like laughing him in his face for his stupidity.
-No. it's not like a compass that directs you to every person who's ever used magic. I don't know about anyone's but my own. And that wasn't even the deal?
Your words caught them all off guard and they just sat there staring at you for a while, probably trying to catch up on whatever the deal was about now again. Randall was the first of them to break out of the stare and returned to his lunch, not saying anything about the situation. You give him an offended look.
-you've been awfully quiet this entire time. You don't have any points to make?/ you ask him, making him look up from his lunch and meet your analysing eyes.
-nooo, this is a fight I know I can't win. I'm not even going to try/ Randall humorously answers as he pushes his plate away.
You scoff at his answer while letting your eyes travel over the cafeteria.
-fine, let's start looking tonight then!/Jack outburst while throwing his arms into the air.
-uh hello? Did you not hear me? I CAN'T TRACK MAGIC, I can only fight magic!/ you roll your eyes at the moron, trying to shove your point into that tiny little brain of his.
-yeah, we find the magic together, you help us destroy it./ Hamish says while pointing at you with his fork.
You look at him with a disapproving look, not giving him an answer.
-do you need to be reminded that the reason why you're still alive is because we were generous enough to let you help us instead of just eating your heart?/ Lilith threatens while squinting her eyes at you.
The thought of you laying on the ground, with four werewolves carving you in the chest made you want to throw up.
-okay, okay! Yeah i'll help you!/ you quickly say while picking up your plate and getting up from your seat. You gave the werewolves a last quick glance.
-but only if you help me/ you turned your heel and made your way out of the cafeteria.