Ch. 1

1170 BC

Geneviève had been wandering around her town alone for 16 years, her parents having died when she was 2.

So, on December 26, a day after her 18th birthday, Geneviève was running around town through the snow. Over the years, Geneviève learned how to do anything she had to in order to survive. She became stronger and faster in order to escape anyone that tried to chase her.

Late at night, Geneviève was walking the streets when she was suddenly pulled into a dark alleyway. The snow was still falling around her as she was shoved to the ground and someone grabbed her arm and started to pull her further in the alleyway.
"Hey! Stop!" Geneviève shouted as she began to struggle.

The man suddenly looked down at her to reveal bright red eyes and a sickeningly sweet smile.
"Why would I do that? We're gonna have so much fun!"

As soon as they turn the corner, the man lifts her us by her arm and shoved he against the wall.

Right when Geneviève was going to speak again, the man reached forward and bit her neck, causing a searing pain to course through her. Only a grunt of pain passed her lips before the man started to drag her limp body into the countryside.

Everything rushed passed them as the man ran at impossible speeds, not even a minute later arriving at a worn down barn.

One year later

After three days, Geneviève was fully transformed into a vampire and was forced to learn to fight. Soon after she awoke, it was revealed that she, and everyone around her were turned in order to keep balance in the world. To be an army of newborn vampires. Geneviève picked up quickly on new skills and learned of her gift, the ability to adapt to survive. This allowed her to slowly gain other powers as they are needed. Over the course of the year she stayed with the newborn army, she developed certain abilities, such as advanced speed, strength, and agility.

Though her favorite ability is the control over fire. Shawn, the vampire who was creating the newborn army and turned her, tried to kill Geneviève when she stopped believing his lies. He tried to throw her in a pit of fire only for her to jump back out of the pit and push him back.

Shawn then used his second in command to convince her to stay and fight beside him. David had the power to plant suggestions in anyone's head, allowing Shawn to do whatever he wished.

After a few more years working with Shawn, Geneviève started to develop a mental shield. She used this ability to silently get out of David's control, only pretending to be under his influence.

After two more years, Geneviève had developed enough abilities to destroy the army, which she did quickly.

As soon as Shawn and David were dead, it was easy to take out the rest of the newborns, leaving only the newest who had kept all of their humanity.

She took those newborns and trained them. Then they went around the world destroying any newborn army they could find.

All of those she saved were destroyed by a coven named the Volturi, the so called rulers of the vampire race, forcing Geneviève to flee before they could realize she was there and kill her too.

It was 1985 when the Volturi killed the others and Geneviève began her hunt for a place to lay low.

Only three years later, Geneviève found a family who had a year old daughter.

She shifted herself slightly -using her newest found power that allowed her to slightly change her appearance in order to blend in- to become a younger version of herself.

As the seemingly two year old girl crawled towards the family, the father noticed her first. He instantly rushed over and picked her up, bringing her back to his wife and daughter who were walking towards him.
"Who are you? Where's your parents?" The man cooed down at the girl in his arms.

"Gen." She mumbled quietly.

"Gen?" At her nod, he continued. "I'm Charlie, and this is my wife Renee and daughter Isabella. Do you know where your parents are?"

"Gone." Geneviève mumbled quietly again, forcing a sad look on her face as she looked up at the man.

Over the next few weeks, Charlie, as the chief of the police station, tried to find her parents and who she was.

After a month, Charlie and Renee decided to adopt the little girl as their own.

Though, only a few months later, they split up. Renee took the children and left while Charlie stayed in Forks, Washington.

Renee liked warm places so the three of them traveled the United States for a couple years before they settled in Phoenix, Arizona.

Geneviève's powers allowed her to dull the sparkle of her skin enough for humans not to see it at first, then over the years, she learned to mask it completely.

While staying with Renee and Isabella, who preferred the name Bella, Genevieve went as Gen, the adoptive daughter of Renee and Charlie Swan. The strange girl who almost never talked, only talking if absolutely necessary, but when she did, most were surprised by her French accent. She was most often found drawing in a windowsill, or sitting in a tree as the sun rose or set.

Bella hated Gen as they grew up, always jealous of her insane beauty and foreign accent. Renee seemed to forget her adoptive daughter after a few years, only remembering she existed when something needed to get done.

Gen loved to cook, even going as far as forcing herself to eat until her powers adapted and allowed her to do so without throwing up. She did this in the beginning of her vampire life so she could actually taste things again and cook better.

In between defeating newborn armies, Genevieve learned to cook and bake from the best chefs in France and England, wanting to learn all the ways to make food from both her mother and fathers native countries.

Gen was dubbed the household chef, and when Renee met a man by the name of Phil, who she later married, Gen's chores only increased.

Bella started to force all her chores on Gen and did whatever she wanted instead.

By the time Bella was 17, Renee and Phil had married and had been wanting to travel for a while. This prompted the two girls to move back in with Charlie midway through the school year.

It was March when Geneviève first saw her soulmate.

It was March when everything fell into place.