2

(A/N: I can't believe that I posted this before proof-reading it. </3 Neither quotations nor apostrophes pasted over from the original docs. So sorry about that folks.)

⎯⎯ ୨ Chapter 2 ୧ ⎯⎯

Balloon Boy stomped as he walked, his gait getting faster the closer they got to the office. He was absolutely pissed. He was angry at the whole lot of them.

"Cant believe it, I cant!" His voice was hysterical as he tore a handful of streamers off the wall. He was tempted to fuck up the rest of the decorations, but he really didn't want to have his ass handed to him. Not that he cared whatever might happen to him if he did. "Why the fuck did I think that we could trust them? That we could trust her?!" He fumbled over his words, suddenly unable to find words to describe the deceitful bitch. "They can poke shit at me. They can fuck with me all they want to, but the second they drag you into it-" he physically pinched his mouth shut. The last thing he wanted to do was make Jay anymore upset than she already was. His voice was much quieter when he continued. "Once they mess with you, its over."

He stopped and grabbed his face, exclaiming loudly before letting out a string of curses. He had warned her, told her that this is what happened when you talked to them. This is what always happens, he thought bitterly, resisting the urge to punch the wall. You knew how they would treat her like this, like they treated you. BB slammed his fists against the wall, cursing everyone and everything that he could think of.

"Naïve! Naïve! I cant believe I fell—cant believe I let you fall for their," he fumbled over his words, his mind too clouded with anger to think coherently. "Stupid games! Ugh!"

JJ sniffed from beside him and he stamped on the ground, digging his heel into the tiles. As much as he wanted to continue his tantrum, he needed to calm down. For JJ. If he didn't, Jay would feel worse and worse, and that was the last thing that he wanted. He takes her hand and presses a kiss to it. And another. Then another. She sniffled and wiped her tears with her free hand.

"I love you, but I did warn you about them. About how they act." For once, BBs tone was sincere and filled with compassion. "I've seen it firsthand how they just lead you on. And then they fuck with you and toy with your mind until—" he shook his head and bite his tongue "—just, I know how you feel. I know it hurts." He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and squeezed, trying to reassure her of his presence.

JJ sighed tearfully and lowered her head. Her shoulders curled forward like she was trying to shield herself with just them and BB felt a pang in his chest. How could he have let this happen? Let any of this happen?

"I know," her voice wavered as she spoke. "I should've listened, I know, and I'm sorry. I just..." A tear trailed down her face and her breath hitched. One tear after another fell and her lips trembled. When she spoke, her voice was barely above a whisper. "I just thought- maybe that we could be friends."

"FRIENDS?" Balloon Boy guffawed, laughing bitterly at the word. JJ flinched away from him. "Friends with those motherfuckers is wishful fucking thinking. I can't believe that BITCH manipulated you like that! What a fucking WHORE." He kicked the wall with as much force as he could muster, visualizing the wall crumbling beneath his feet.

JJ held her face in her hands and hiccuped.

""I'm sorry. She repeated the phrase over and over again, her shoulders shaking as she sobbed.

BBs face softened and he quickly scooped her up in his arms.

"Hey, hey, hey, dont cry, please." He kissed her forehead as she buried her face in his shoulder, her hands grasping at his shirt. He embraced her tightly, whispering into her hair. "It's okay, I promise." She dug her nails into his chest and BB winced at the sharp digits pressing into his skin.