Chapter 2 - Swallow The Goldfish

Adelaide's POV

The trumpet. Of course I said the trumpet. Why didn't I say the piano? Or the recorder? There's some music shop in town, so I'll have to go there.
I made my way to the music shop and lucky me spotted a familiar face. I think he went to my school a year or two ago, his name was Ashley or something. Maybe Ashton? As I opened the door he noticed me and smiled.

"Hey!"

"Hi." I replied, taking in the surroundings.

"So...can I help you?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you sell trumpets?" I smiled at him awkwardly.

"You play?" He smirked

"Honestly, no." I sighed "I told a guy that I played the trumpet and now I have to act like I can."

"I could give you a quick lesson...?"

"Really! Thanks!" I giggled "Wait, so you can play the trumpet?"

"Sure, I can play the drums, guitar, piano and saxophone too. I can also play the spoons but not many people know!" He explained. I wasn't sure if he was joking about the spoons, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So why did you tell a guy you could play the trumpet again?"

"Well," I began "I turned around and hit him with a spoon and he was in pain so we started moaning at each other and then he asked if I played instruments so I was like 'Yeah I totally play the trumpet!' And he told me he'd love to learn so now I need to buy a trumpet and learn to play so I can and teach him because he's really hot. Do you get me?"

He looked pretty confused at all of this but I can't complain, he did just spend half an hour teaching me to play the trumpet when he was supposed to be working. I payed for the trumpet and was about to walk to the door when someone pulled me back.

"So...what kind of music do you like?"

I shrugged "I don't know, Justin Bieber and stuff."

He stared laughing and I had to tell him I was actually serious.

"You know I'm in a band." He smiled "We're called Swallow The Goldfish."

Then it was my turn to laugh and he had to tell me he was actually serious.
I was about to leave when I turned around.

"Thanks for helping me, Ashley." I smiled

"It's Ashton."