Chapter 14 - Spitters Are Quiters

Chapter 14

Adelaide's POV

I got home from the music shop to see Greig smirking at me, I didn't ask why he was smirking. If I did he'd say something weird and honestly I wouldn't care so I just ignored him and walked across the hall to the bathroom so I could take a shower before dinner. Dad makes us keep all the towels in the bathroom so I didn't have to go into my room for anything.

When I got out my shower I wrapped my towel around my self since that's what you do when you get out the shower. I went into my room and almost pooped my self when I saw luke sitting on my bed, right on Justin Bieber's face.

"What are you doing in my bedroom?!" I gasped, how the hell did he get in my house?

"Oh..." Luke looked up but then looked down and covered his eyes when he saw me in my towel, which I do admit is very respectful. "Greig let me in. He said you'd be home soon."

"And when was this?" I scoffed, Greig never leaves the house so this could have been any time today.

"About 3 hours ago..." Luke sighed. "Look, Adelaide I'm really sorry...I don't know why I said what I said I just...I don't know I just want an excuse to spend time with you...I only have like 3 friends and the fact that you're with Michael all the time and not me just really frustrates me. I just really really want to be your friend and possibly maybe even more?"

"Like best friends?" I smiled.

"I guess you could say that." his voice cracked. That's when I realised he was about to cry.

"Luke..." I frowned, I'm not one to cry if I stub my toe but if someone I care about is crying I instantly get sad and want to cry too.

"L-Look Ade I-I'm really sorry!!" He started standing up, keeping his eyes covered. "I understand if-if you don't want to talk to me ever again." He hiccuped making his way to the door, which ended up in him walking right into the wall and banging his head. "Ow!" He cried out.

"Luke..." I sighed walking over to him clutching my towel so it wouldn't fall down. "I forgive you..." I nodded making him look at me.

"You do?" He swallowed, wiping his tears away.

"I do." I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. I don't want luke to be sad because of me, but then again he did make me sad first.

"Thank you Ade." He nodded. "I would hug you but you're a little bit wet." He giggled.

"We can hug when I get changed." I smiled.

"Oh. Yes, right." Luke turned as red as a tomato and walked out my room, closing the door behind him.

I got changed and just put on some stuff that hadn't looked like it had been on the floor waiting to get picked up for atlest a month. when I was changed I opened the door to tell Luke he could come in but he wasn't there. Instead I saw Greig.

"Where did Luke go?" I asked Greig, leaning on my door frame.

"Oh him? I dunno he just left." Greig said as he carried his toast and scrambled egg into him and Keith's bedroom.

-

Monday.

For some reason I woke up extremely early, as soon as I was ready I decided to sit outside and think about life. That's when I saw a tanned person sitting on my wall, I didn't know what to do. See a weird, topples, sunglass wearing, tanned male sitting on your wall isn't exactly something you would see everyday.

"I like your glasses." Was the first thing that came to my mind.

"Hm?" The boy turned around to face me, probably thinking im the weirdo now.

"I like your glasses." I repeated, turning red a little because I've never been in a more awkward situation in my life, well apart from every other single minute of my life.

"These?" The boy pointed to he sunglasses and I nodded. "Uhm thanks...I like your..." he started but never finished, I guess I look ugly today.

"Yeah." I nodded not knowing what to say. "Why are you on my wall?" I asked, kinda confused.

"I moved in. It's my wall too." He chuckled slightly showing a cute smile.

"The Robinson's moved?" I asked him, I had no clue that my neighbours were moving never mind that I had new neighbours.

"Yeah, this house is occupied by the Hood's. I'm Calum by the way. Me, Mum, Dad and My sister lives here." Calum grinned. "Who lives in your house?"

"Me, my 2 bothers and my dad." I smiled biting my lip.

"So how old are you?" He took off his glasses and squinted at how bright it was.

"I just turned 18 on Friday." I grinned.

"No way! I turned 18 on Monday." He laughed, patting the space next to him for me to sit on. I did as he motioned and sat on the wall.

"What school do you go to?" I asked him, looking up at him.

"I dropped out to be in a band." He nodded. "We're still looking for a drummer though." He nodded again.

"Wait. You know Luke and Michael?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah they're my best friends. Do you know them?" Calum asked, reaching for a drink of water.

"Yeah I'm Adelaide." I grinned, wondering if they mentioned me. That's when Calum spat out his water, I'm very confused.