Confrontation

Cayenne wakes up with a jolt, her hand reaching for her stomach as a yawn escapes. Suddenly feeling the urge to eat something she looks around for her friend on the floor next to her.

"Zoe , wake up!"

A tired moan echoes in the quiet living room and Cayenne shakes her friend a bit more to get her fully wake up. Zoe had a rough time trying to get some sleep the previous night. After everything that had happened with Byakuya, sleep just eluded her until the very early morning. She usually goes to sleep with Byakuya comforting her in his arms but even then she has a bit of trouble falling asleep. Last night just happened to be worse.

"Come on, it's already eleven and I'm hungry, let's get something to eat."

Zoe doesn't usually eat breakfast either unless it's a special occasion but she doesn't mind going out to eat with her friend. Maybe if she eats she'll get a bit of energy anyway.

Zoe gets off the floor and walks in the bathroom to clean herself up a bit before they head out.

Cayenne decides to leave a note on the kitchen table letting her husband know that she'll be leaving for breakfast before getting herself cleaned up as well. The two girls talk a bit more while they do so and eventually they decide on a place to go to eat.

"Let's get some IHOP, I haven't had any in forever."

"Alright, bet."

They take a little red car to IHOP, blasting anime ost's as they do. The sun shines down on them and the car seems to be a bit hot so they roll down the windows all the way for some cooler air. Maybe it was the fact they were both scream singing the lyrics that they may or may not be getting wrong or maybe it was the wind blowing in the car but Zoe felt her mood getting just a bit lighter.

"Oh my god, I love this song, I'm blasting this!!"

The theme song to Dororo starts playing and the laughter of both girls begins to get louder. The drive to IHOP wasn't a long one but it definitely was fun.

Once they arrive both girls get taken to a seat close to the window by an extremely tired looking waiter. The man is unusual but he's also very attractive.  He has ink black hair and burn marks in several different parts on his face and it seems like they're stapled together as well.

"Alright, so I'll be your waiter for the day! My name's Dabi," he even seemed to have an unusual name but what stood out to Cayenne was the way he was staring at her friend. "What would you two like to drink?"

Zoe seems to be a bit a bit intrigued by the waiter but she looks away from him and to the menu anyway.

"Hmmm, just get me a glass of milk."

"Alright, and what will you have?"

"I'll have some lemonade, thanks!"

"Okay, and I'll be right back with your drinks."

When Dabi walks away, Cayenne looks straight at her friend and noticed that she's been checking him out a bit.

"It's rare for you to check out other people," Cayenne says with a laugh. "I mean it's normal, guys in relationships do it all the time. So long as you have no intention of flirting or touching everything's good but I've never seen you check out other people before now."

"I mean, I just try not to do it in front of Byakuya because he's not exactly known for his patience."

"... yeah you're right, he'd definitely kill them."

Both girls start laughing, Byakuya is so quick tempered that it's almost comical. He doesn't talk much unless it's with Zoe so normally people would think that he's a rather calm man but... the amount of times he gets into fights with Kenpachi proves how easily angered he is.

"Not even Kenpachi tries to kill Ichigo as much as Byakuya does, I swear to God."

The laughing girls catches the eye of Dabi and unbeknownst to them a little smile forms on his face. He makes sure to grab a sharpie and he puts it into his pocket before heading towards the two girls with their drinks.

"I wish he'd put that anger into the things that really do matter though..."

Grabbing Zoe's hand, Cayenne looks her friend in the eyes.

"I know you guys can work this out. You two have one of the most amazing relationships I've ever seen. You two inspire me everyday and I know that you can make it through all of this. If Byakuya isn't getting things across to the elders, we can do it ourselves. We're both pretty damn powerful and we don't need a strong lineage like Ichigo or Byakuya to prove it."

"Are you sure we can do this?"

"Yup! And we won't be alone either! I'm sure that any of our friends would help us out if we just asked."

"Thanks Cayenne, I needed this."

Before Cayenne can respond to her friend, Dabi's returned.

"Lemonade for you and a glass of milk for you!" He looks down at the two girls for a moment and then he pulls the sharpie out of his pocket. Ripping a piece of paper out of his notepad he writes something quickly onto it and he puts it on Zoe's side of the table.

"And if you guys are ready to order I can get you right now!" 

A big smile is spread across his face and his blue eyes seem to be shining as he talks to the two girls. Cayenne looks up at him in disbelief. People actually did this? She wondered with her mouth agape.

Zoe looks up at him and sighs.

"I don't really want anything to eat, do you have cereal?"

"We'll we don't have any cereal but we do have cereal  pancakes which are pancakes with cereal crushed into them."

"Umm, okay I guess I'll just have that."

"Perfect!"

Cayenne scowls as the waiter who is obviously too entranced with her gorgeous friend that he has completely forgotten that she herself exists and is hungry.

"I'd just like some eggs with bacon, thanks!"

He barely looks at her and just writes down their order and Cayenne sighs.

"Girl, that man was looking at you like he just saw heaven."

"Yeah, he just slid me his number too..."

"You gonna' throw it away?"

"Mmmm..."

"Girl?"

"Nope, no, no! You can not be thinking of actually texting him right!?"

"I mean maybe we could just be friends or something."

"Sure, he'll be found later in a ditch after a moth of friendship though."

"He doesn't understand how it feels though!? He gets all these marriage interview things and he's already married to me!!! Am I supposed to not get jealous!?"

"No you're allowed to feel jealous but are you sure you want to make him jealous in response? I don't think it's the best idea..."

"Maybe not but... I don't know. I won't text him but I'll keep his number until I can decide what to do with it."

"Alright girlie, but be careful okay. Don't let Byakuya see the number or Dabi's going to die. You and I both know that."

The girls sigh, both in thought as they wait for their food.