Redemption

"I'm home!"

Zoe walks into their house, it's quiet. She walks further into the place, her feet barely making noise. She slides open a door to see her husband sunk over a desk with his hands over his head. He jumps, startled to see her and his face softens, worry dripping through his eyes like stars.

She tries not to melt as he forces himself to stay in his chair.

"How was your stay at your friend's?"
"It was good, she made me remember a lot of things."

The silence lurches at her stomach and her breathing starts to become shaky.

"I love you... so much...."

He chokes, tears coming to his eyes as he finally gets away from his desk.

"I want to stay with you, forever..."

He slowly walks over to her his hands reaching towards her face. When his rough hands meet her soft cheek, he feels her tremble underneath his hand, and he pulls her towards him.

Holding her in his arms again, his eyes search the room desperately. Tired and restless, he holds her tightly in his arms, her little body carries everything that makes him who he is today. That little body with eyes that melt his soul and chains him to her. Like soft silk that wraps around him, he's never remove these bindings. He's never felt so at peace, like he could be himself and because of that happiness, he's been complacent.

Always wanting to be righteous, to be noble, to do his part (even more so because of Zoe and Rukia). Those two wonderful girls mean everything to him, and now he's done the same thing to Zoe he did to Rukia. The same thing that Ichigo had to fight him, almost to death for. The same thing that could make him lose this body of preciousness, delight, and wonder.

"I'll fix this, I promise. I could never let you go either..."

The two hold each other like that for what feels like hours and no time at all. As if their bodies had molded into each other as time stopped. Byakuya looks down at the angel in his arms and he lifts her face up to look at him. Ahhhh, again those sweet eyes. Her dark eyes, glassy with tears restart his broken heart like magic and he can only kiss her. His fingers touch her ears and she trembled under him. He moves like a starved person, his lips moving against hers as if nothing else in existence could possibly matter. A little moan escapes both their mouths as the fall into one another.

Nothing matters but her! A guttural sound escapes his lips and he lifts her up so that their mouths could meet once again. His hands wander onto her hips and as he touches her hot skin, he knows this isn't enough. His length hardens and he flinches, pulling himself away from her before he can do anything else. Not until I fix this... he stayed up all night preparing for this meeting, now is not the time to be embracing her.

He pants as looks at her swollen lips, wet eyes, and her disheveled clothing once again and once again he reminds himself that now is not the time.

"I called for a meeting with the nobles inside the clan. At the end of the day, I'm the sect leader and you are my wife. You shouldn't have to fight for that position, it belongs to you. I will not tolerate this disrespect on the Kuchiki name, I swear to you."

Zoe smiles, her heart beating like mad. This man, he lights me on fire.

"That's all I wanted to hear from the start, Byaku."

He freezes at the familiar nickname, a smile forming onto his face and his eyes turning glassy themselves.  Does that mean that they've made up? He wonders to himself. He hates to fight with her, it hurts his heart whenever they can't agree and he hates seeing her in pain.

"Go get some rest, Zoe. I'll come to bed with you in a moment."

The two separate, but as they do they only think of one another. Byakuya finds himself heading to wash his body, trying to calm the heat he created. While Zoe tries to take a much needed nap, exhaustion take over her body like a drug. The day hasn't even begun properly yet and the couple are already so tired.