Chapter 22

"Kya huwa itna tension mein kyun ho?" Maya asked her as she was continuously biting her lips.
"Dekha nahi chengaze khan kis tarah ghusa mein tha, I can't go to hospital" she said at once.
"why" Maya asked her
"Please drop me at home, waise bhi I was on leave" she said immediately.
" I am also thinking not to travel today, first of all it is late , secondly there is land slide" she added.
"Land slide? I can't go home. Gaiti and aunty bhi abhi tak nahi aai honge , mein kahan jao ?" she murmurs to herself
"Why don't you come with me to the hotel, as I will be all alone there " Maya placed her hand on hers and said
"Yeh thek hai" she thinks and agrees

Asfand drives towards home. " what If he they had shot her like Daniyal bhai" he said loudly and hits the brake , he got off the car and stands to the side of the river. The chilling breeze kisses his face " samajh kyun nahi aata Zubiya ko I can't bear the pain of losing my loved one " Flash back
" Dr Asfandyar, I think he has taken them with him " the officer informs him, he fixes his glasses , "Please once again search the house". He himself joins them this time
"What if he has killed them ?" fear runs down his spine as he heard a man saying. He felt weak in his knees, he felt as helpless as he was once 7 years back, when his beloved Daniyal bhai's dead body was lying in front of him " dhoondo tou aap log pehle" he said to them, and unlocked the door. He finds her standing, her eyes welcomed him, she walked ahead. But he took a step back, he didn't want to show he had tough time.
Flash back ends as he heard a car stop near to his, he didn't turn, he quickly wipes off tears on his face and stands calm
" everything fine Dr Asfandyar ? " the SSP asked him, he nods
" yes everything fine, I stopped here to see the sunset " he said
" it's 3 pm , there's still 2 hours left " he walked ahead and said "you go home and rest, you had a rough day " he pats his shoulder and Asfand smiled. " My men have dropped both the ladies at the hotel" he adds and Asfand looks at him in surprise.

" Why did Zubiya go to the hotel?" he became worried.

At Hotel

"go freshen up then we can have something , I am so hungry " Maya pats her shoulder as she finds her standing near the window looking out, "call karlo " she adds. " Kisko" Zubiya looks at her in surprise. "jao and freshen up" she hides her smile, " waise I was thinking to visit the hospital and meet the girl "Maya said. Zubiya nods and hurriedly walked towards the washroom, she splashs cold water on her face, "woh naarz hogaye hain," she looks at herself in the mirror , she find her face pale "when I got the bullet in the shoulder, he was so worried, aaj kya huwa hoga ?" she thinks and again splashes cold water on her face. "Zubiya" Maya called her from outside , she wipes her face and walks out. "Tension se muhje tou bhook lag gai " she said while munching salad, "aao tum bhi" she called her. Zubiya shakes her head, she tried to tie her hair... "wait a second " Maya kept her plate and walked towards her, "naaraz hai na woh, i will give you make over, he will surely like it ". She made her sit on the stool , "Nahi nahi iss ki zaroorat nahi hai" Zubiya tries to stop her " chup kar ka betho " she untied her hair and left it open, she combed her hair ,"yeh aap kya kar rahi hain " she says as Maya clicked their pictures. "He will for sure like this new look , he will praise it " she winked at her. " woh nahi karenge , aaj tak he never praised my work , sirf Hitler ki tarah daanta hain " she makes sad face. "I have added in my status, he always checks " she smiles and started having food.

"waise Zubiya abhi tou Shadi nahi huai aur tumhara yeh haal hai ,when you both will be married how you will react ? you must be needing my help, your case is looking more complicated than Kharjista " she naughtily smiled and checks her cell ,"He is online but hasn't checked it" she said. Zubiya made a baby face and kept back her plate. "Dr Zubiya yesterday you were saying woman are brave and they can stand on their own , aaj kahan gai woh Zubiya " she teased her. " mein darti nahi hoon " she said with confidence and picked up the plate. " that is good, you finish we will go and meet Kharjista " Maya said. " woh bhi honge, aur Chengiz Khan kis tarah ghusa karenge" she said while munching the food. Maya had a laugh " Asfi is right you are cute and innocent" she warps her arm around her "don't you worry I am with you , kar ka tou dekhe , I will warn him that I will take all three of you with me" she winked at her. This time Zubiya smiled at her. Instead of going home, he drives to the hospital. He walked straight to his room, he opens the drawer takes out an envelope "Zubiya you wanted to resign right here you go" he signs the page and throws the pen to other side of the room.