↳ 7.10

〰️

〰️

FRANKIE COULD SEE Minho from afar, looking disgruntled and angry at the world once again. She jogged towards him, half hidden in their secret getaway spot, then sat down beside him.

"Not in the mood, Frank. Go."

"Just want to see the stars."

"See them someplace else."

"This is the best spot."

"Shuck, you're so stubborn," Minho scoffed, clearly unhappy with the disruption of his peaceful solitude. "I don't have time for this klunk."

He proceeded to stand up, but Frankie caught his hand, and his hardened heart couldn't help but melt under her touch, "Minho."

She paused.

"Pretend I'm not here, then. I just want to stay by your side."

So he sat back down into his invisible puddle of fury.

"Really, though, were you the one who planted the shucking idea in his jacked head, when you ran off after dinner the other night?"

This was the twelfth day of lengthy, obviously heated Gatherings. He was tired, she knew, and he simply needed to rant.

"He's giving me a major headache. Wait, not me, us," Minho grunted, throwing a rock at some poor tree, "I mean, yeah we get his point! I get it, Frank, I'm just not happy with it."

Frankie kept silent. She just fiddled with the grass by her legs.

"Well?" Minho looked at her, "Aren't you going to say something?"

Frankie shook her head no.

"Why not?"

"I already told you about my opinion."

"No, not about your opinion

"No, not about your opinion. Anything to calm your boyfriend's nerves? Badmouth Newt, take my side, say you understand... You know?"