Christmas Morning | Bucky Barnes ✪

Disclaimer: I don't care what time of the year it is you need to listen to Christmas music whilst reading this chapter.

The tree was up. The compound was decorated and the meal was prepared for tomorrow. We were all sat on the sofas and beanbags littered around the main living room watching Elf. A gentle dusting of snow fell outside catching in the wind causing them to swirl around and make little patterns. The fire crackled in the background and let off a warm glow as the ending credits rolled onto the screen.
"Right then everyone. I'd like to make a toast to the second Christmas where we're all together!" Announced Tony "to Christmas!"
"To Christmas!" The Avengers raised their mugs of hot chocolate or whisky in the air and started getting up heading to bed. I grabbed Buckys arm and followed Natasha, Carol and Valkyrie, Sam and Maria to our quarters, tomorrow it would be Christmas Day, filled with presents, joy and good spirits.

The next morning I woke up and immediately jumped out of bed and ran over to my window.
"BUCKY, SAM, NAT GET IN HERE! ITS SNOWED!"
A few seconds passed before I heard someone hurtling down the hallway and Bucky rushed into my room.
"OMG Y/N IT SNOWED! WE'VE GOT TO HAVE A SNOWBALL FIGHT!" He said jumping up and down in excitement. When it came to snow, us two went mental, I mean that's why we were allocated this area of the compound; so Carol, Nat and Maria could keep an eye on us two and Sam.
"YES YES YES! Is Sam awake yet?!"
"I don't think so......but.....we could go and wake him?!"
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking..."
"I think I am!"
"HEY JARVIS! PLAY 'STEP INTO CHRISTMAS' THROUGHOUT THE WEST WING!"
We waited until Jarvis had responded and Elton John started playing throughout our wing before each grabbing a pillow and running down the hall to Sams room. We rushed in and jumped onto his bed hitting him repeatedly with pillows whilst shouting Merry Christmas at him. As we let him wake up we rushed out as quickly as we entered and burst into Natasha and Maria's room.

"Wait, buck stop a second."
"Yeah what" Bucky whispered about to hit Maria with a pillow.
"It's Maria and Nat"
"Andddd"
"Well it's MARIA and NAT. They're kinda scary when they get angry"
"Mhm good point" he said lowering his pillow. "Still it's Christmas. They can't get too annoyed!"
Raising his pillow again, Bucky and I walloped Maria and Nat each with a pillow before running out the room squealing before they could kill us.
"They're gonna - "
"Omg - "
"Kill us!"
"Quick!"
We incoherently babbled over each other and rushed down the corridor back to my room. However, as we rounded the corner we ran straight into Tony.
"Oh shit sorry Mr Stark"
He stood there with an eyebrow cocked and quizzical look on his face. I was expecting a rant about respect and personal space but instead he pulled me and Bucky into a hug wishing us Merry Christmas and laughing at the amazing wake up call we had sprung.

Bucky and I made our way back to our own rooms to get ready for the day and met a few minutes later in the main room. The room looked even better in the light, a lavish breakfast was laid out on the incredibly large table and presents were piled high under the Christmas tree. I rushed over to the table and plonked myself between Wanda and Peter with Pietro opposite me. I usually sat with them as I was their age but for some reason wasn't in their wing - probably because I didn't go to school (I was homeschooled) and Tony didn't want me getting woken up by them at 6.
Everyone started filtering into the dining room and I got a few glares from Sam, Maria and Nat before we started feasting on the amazing breakfast we had in front of us.

After breakfast was done and packed away, the group ambled over to the sofas and waited for everyone to arrive before the present opening began. We had done secret Santa as there were a lot of us and buying each person their own present would be a lot, except for Tony who had bought everyone their own present plus secret Santa. The look of joy on everyone's face was enough to turn Thanos good, watching everyone open their presents was all I needed to be honest. That was a present in itself.