Kanao X Gender Neutral Reader (ReDo)

Hello Author here I made some mistakes in my first try. So I decided to redo it so here is the redo! One thing you need to know is the Reader works in the Butterfly Estate, that's all Enjoy!

Your POV

I just got done treating some patients in the Butterfly Estate, right now I have a short break since no one is injured seriously right now. I went outside and sat on the edge, I was looking at Kanao-chan, I got lost in my thoughts. Now looking at the ground I remember the first time Kanao-chan talked to me.

"Kanao-San Shinobu-San wants to talk to you about something" I say gently to Kanao. Kanao flips her coin and it landed on heads. "Thank you, Sayonara." Kanao bowed slightly and walked of to Shinobu's office. You were blushing slightly and smiled.

That was the first time you heard her speak to you

I smiled at the memory and remembered when I realized I had liked her.

Kanao was sitting on the edge and butterflies were surrounding her. You were just watching her from a distance as you were putting the laundry up to dry. Kanao looked so beautiful to you. Her beautiful smile chould have been beauty it self, the way her big purple eye glistens in the sun. Her black hair swaying slightly, the way the butterflies of all colors surround her, the way she sits, and her gratefulness. There was no doubt you liked her.

 There was no doubt you liked her

I blushed at the memory. I soon started remembering what I loved about her.

"Kanao!"

Tanjiro-kun interrupted my thoughts.

Tanjiro is a nice guy. I've treated his wounds once, and sometimes I helped him and his friend train. Not alot though, I'm not very good at breathing types. I trained with my older brother. I never got it, that's when I meet Shinobu-san. She teached me to help wounded, I've found my purpose every since.
"We're heading out now" Tanjiro says. Oh yeah that's right Tanjiro, his friends, and the Flame Pillar are going on a mission to Mugan Train.. at least that's what I heard.

"Thanks for everything!" Tanjiro says. Kanao flips her coin, I sweat drop at this. "All I did was follow masters orders, there's no need to thank me." Kanao says. Then Kanao kept saying 'Sayonara' I would of laughed, but I didn't want to disturb them.
"Hey can I borrow that for a second?" Tanjiro asks as he points to Kanao-chan's coin. Why would he want to borrow that?
"Yes" Kanao says as she hands Tanjiro her coin.
"Thanks" Tanjiro says as he gets up and jogs back a bit.
"Okay let, toss this to decide!" Tanjiro says.
Huh? What's he planning?
"Wether you or not..." Tanjiro says.
I shouldn't be listening in on there conversation but I can't help it...
"You're going to listen hard to the voice in your heart from now on! Tanjiro says. I was shocked at this statement.
Tanjiro flipped the coin high in the air and said, "Heads! Let's make it heads!" I was even more shocked then before.
"If it comes up as heads your going to follow  your heart!: Tanjiro says. Tanjiro caches the chain and says "I got it Kanao!"
"Its heads!" Tanjiro says loudly and jumps up. I was frozen with shock.
Then Tanjiro grabs Kanao's hands, Kanao blushed. I was jealous at this.
"Good luck! It's the heart that drives people! So you can grow as strong as you want to!" Tanjiro says, he gives Kanao her coin then runs away but, stops when...
"H-how did you make it come up as heads" Kanao says.... Kanao.. stuttered?..
Tanjiro smiles and says "just by chance. And if it was tails.. I would if kept tossing it until it came up as heads!" ....

I saw Kanao with a look of love in her eyes.... I shed a tear then wiped it away and smiled softly. It's fine if she won't love me... as long as she is happy..

I went inside soon after and got back to work..

!MANGA SPOILERS!

I watched Kanao and Tanjiro get married, and have children. The pain  no longer hurt. I slowly feel out of love and cheered Kanao on like a sister. I'm happy it went like this.

!NO MORE MANGA SPOILERS!

NOTE

I originally base this of the song The One That Got Away, but I decided to change it. I hope you Enjoyed!

I DON'T OWN THE PICTURES, READER, OR DEMON SLAYER!