Kanao X Gender Neutral Reader| Rewrite Again |

I'm rewriting again because I made mistakes in the other writes and its short 😅 hopefully this is better. |reader still works at the Butterfly Estate|

You just got done treating patients and now were heading out to put the landry out to dry. You picked up the basket of some what wet landry and headed out. As you went outside you saw Kanao and you greeted her. "Konicawa Kanao-San" you said politely as you bowed slightly. Kanao flipped her coin. She didn't respond, she just smiled with her eyes closed. You Smiled back at her and went to do your chore.

As you were hanging up laundry you were thinking of Kanao.
The first time you met.
"Kanao I'd like you to meet somebody" Kanae sad sweetly giving a closed eye smile. Kanao looked blankly at her. "This is (your full name), she's your age!" Kanae said hopefully, she hoped you two would get along. Just maybe you whould make her happy Kanae thought.

You worked in the Butterfly Estate as long as you chould remember. Your parents were killed in a demon attack and Kanae saved you. You never felt sad about it, you didn't even remember your parents. But you were always curious what whould happen if they were still alive.

You thought of the first time she smiled at you.
You were going to the shop for more supplies, before Kanao stoped you. You looked confusingly at her. She flipped her coin. She handed you some yen, then she spoke softly. "You forgot to grab this." You blushed in embarrassment. Kanao smiled softly as she bowed slightly and walked away. You were frozen. She smiled you thought. That's the first time you saw her smile. You jumped in excitement and ran towards the shops in a good mood.

You smiled at the past and continued to do the landry. Thinking about the time you realized you liked her.
It was in the early morning. You were sent by Shinobu to wake Kanao up. The 3 girls were planning a party for Kanae as it was her birthday, well... more like Shinobu was planning it all, you and Kanao were just helping. You knocked on Kanao's door, after a few minutes Kanao opened the door dressed and ready. Kanao smiled at walked with you to the kitchen. Shinobu asked two to make breakfast the day before so she can get the party ready. As you were cooking Kanao spilled a bit on her clothes. Kanao looked blankly at the not so small stain. You knew that was the only nice clothes she had at the time. When you both were done cooking you dragged the girl to your room. You look though your clothes until you found a kimono that would fit Kanao. You gave her the kimono to put on. She fliped her coin and went to her bedroom to get dressed. When she came back the kimono was slightly big on her, as you were slightly taller then her. You chuckled at this and blushed. You just realized how perfect she was. Her ash black hair as it blows in the wind, her big blank Magenta Lilac eyes, her soft yet bright smile, every thing about her in the moment was beautiful.

The time you fell in love.
You were eating with Kanao alone at the empty table. Shinobu was out on a mission. Kanao got some food on her face and-.
You snapped out of your thoughts, you were done with the landry. You sighed and picked up the now empty basket when suddenly. You noticed Tanjiro talking to Kanao. You sweat dropped when Kanao kept say bye to the boy, as he tried to talk to her. You were just about to go inside the Estate but stopped at Tanjiro's words. No you weren't listening in on their conversation, it just he was so loud that you couldn't help it.

"Your going to listen hard to the voice in your heart from now on!" Tanjiro said happily. You were curious so you watched them. Tanjiro flipped- more like tossed in the air coin after some words he said. "I got it Kanao!" He looks at the coin. " it's heads!" Tanjiro says loudly and jumps in the air. Both You and Kanao were shocked. Your mouth was agape. Tanjiro grabd Kanao's hands.
You were jealous but at the same time happy?

"Good luck! It's the heart that drives people! So you can grow as strong as you want to!" Tanjiro says, he gives Kanao her coin then runs away.
He stops as Kanao says "H-How did you make it come up as heads?" Kanao looked pure confused and innocent. You were just as confused as her. Tanjiro smiles and says "just by chance. And if it was tails.. I would if kept tossing it until it came up as heads!"

Shock.
You were frozen in pure shock.
You saw Kanao eyes light up and shine brighter more then ever before.

You knew this day whould come.
Just not so soon.
You shook your head and held back tears and went in the Estate.

Kanao...
She was your true love
Well...
That's what you thought
You loved her beauty
Her thin black hair
Her big innocent emotionless
Eyes that shined bright
Her smile that chould give even
The rudest people on earth to smile
...........
You loved her personality
The way she let butterflies rest on her
The way she spoke softly
Her loyalty
Her devotion
Even though she's 'emotionless'
You chould tell she was just lost
Shes innocent
She's lost
She's still finding her way in life
............
That's why you loved her....
You were still trying to find your way too.....
She.. reminds you of.. you

Truth is about your parents you
Were sad..
You just didn't show it
You liked the Estate but...
You want something else..
Maybe you were never in love with Kanao
You were just lost

As time passes you no longer loved Kanao. Well you do just In a different way. She was your sister. You were happy for her, and you always will be. Even if you chould of make her love you.. if you chould go back in time and make her love you. You whouldn't.

You are happy the way things went.
Even if it's not you.