1.8

Chapter 8, Act 1

TW: Alcoholism and slight abuse

   "you're always on your phone," Akito comments while situating himself on the couch beside you

"you're always on your phone," Akito comments while situating himself on the couch beside you. you adjust to give you and your boyfriend more room between each other. "sorry, I was doing work,". although your friends say it's easy to tell your emotions, akito is horrible at it. he's horrible at caring about anyone other then himself.

"you're on your phone more than you are with your boyfriend. Are you sure you aren't cheating?."

"yes. I'm sure.".

"you know I'm just looking out for us right? I just want us to be happy." he wraps an arm around you tightly, trapping you within his grasp. paralyzing you in an uncomfortable positions.

you sunk back into his flimsy arms as the silence swirled around the room. The white noise from the television was the only thing that stopped the space between you two from becoming awkward.

not too long after, he leaned over to reach for his first bottle of alcohol of the night. The top popped off easily as if it was already opened before and he began to chug it like it was instinct. "rough day?" you ask softly.

He shrugs while finishing his first large sip, "uh-huh..". he then stuck the top back into his mouth and began to drink heavily.

   you nodded slowly while looking for a way to escape is sweaty grasp. your phone began to violently buzz next to you, causing the whole couch to react, "you better pick that up. your boyfriend is waiting,".

   He annoyed you when he said things like this, "I'm not saying anyone else baby. believe me,". he sighed dramatically before making eye contact with you. His eyes were dark and piercing, "I know baby,".

   'he's just teasing me,' is what you thought to yourself everytime, trying to convince yourself this is really love.

Akito continued to drink several more bottles that night until the case was halfway gone. "I'm going to bed, night,". you delicately lean forward to place a kiss on his forehead. he seems to come to his senses because he grabs your wrist, "no," he stands up groggily.

"no?".

"it's not time yet.." he begins while taking steps towards you, swaying back and forth from the many heavy alcoholic beverages he has consumed. you take steps back and try not to stumble over furniture. "baby, it's late. we both have work tomorrow.".

he shakes his head, "I'll skip. please? don't go talk to your boyfriend.". At this point it's really starting to piss you off but, causing you to laugh uneasily, "you're so silly! I wouldn't do that to you,".

He shakes his head for the second time. The hand that is not gripped your wrist is waving around an empty glass bottle, "no... I'm not letting you do this shit anymore!" he yells and drops the bottle on the floor, "oops,".

   the bottle shatters into many sharp pieces like many sharp water droplets. one price flew up and scraped your thigh, causing blood to drop down. you winced and held back a curse. his face contorted as if to try to understand what just happened. you take this opportunity to rip yourself from his grasp and run to your bedroom.

"bitch..." he mutters while kicking around broken glass with his steak work boot that he doesn't care to take off.

"(Y/N)..." he slurs as he trudged toward the bedroom door. your shaky hands shuffle through your phone until they find kuroo's contact info. as banging begins on the door your click the call button and the whole begins to ring.

"yo! what's up?".

"Kuroo," you quietly begin, "Stop him. he's doing it again,". you both didn't bother to call the police. They wouldn't do anything since there was never any physical damage caused by him because you were always able to escape. calling them would make akito upset and he would throw another fit.

"ok. I'm calling Bokuto and Tsukishima. I'll get there as fast as I can,". akito continued to bang and yell from the other side of the door, loud enough for kuroo to hear., "put something against the door,".

"ok. I will,".

"be safe," he says before he hangs up the phone.

author speaksirl chapters are easier to make longer-also act 1 is going to be a roller coaster of emotions

author speaks
irl chapters are easier to
make longer-
also act 1 is going to
be a roller coaster
of emotions

author speaksirl chapters are easier to make longer-also act 1 is going to be a roller coaster of emotions