Chapter Twenty-Three

*Misty's POV*

I woke up with the sun shining directly in the room. I looked around in shock, noting a few things didn't seem right. I had a pounding that continued at the back of my head and right behind my eyes. I took a deep breath and tried to recall what had happened

I remember Roman. Lawrence and Khandi and Connor coming to get me. I remember waking up after being drugged and Roman had tried to Claim me. All of it was blurry and I can't remember what happened after that. I felt...off.

My wolf chuckled and yipped. You were Claimed. By our Mate.

I felt my blood boil and turned to face the sleeping man next to me. But he wasn't there. I growled, my fists clenching. I winced and grabbed my left shoulder as a weird pain shot through it. I for out of the bed and went into the bathroom. I turned my back to the mirror an lifted up my shirt as much as I could.

There it was. My Mates mark. His Claim on me. Now we had a link to each others feelings and thoughts. I grit my teeth and brought the shirt down before marching out of the room and heading down the stairs. My wolf huffed at me, feeling betrayed. But I felt betrayed. I was betrayed. I barely knew Lawrence. And that bastard barely knew me.

That's Fate for you, my wolf offered.

I silenced her and marched through the house, looking in every room. But he was nowhere to be seen and it was driving me nuts. Otto wasn't even in. I ground my teeth and left the house. I saw a lot of the females and none of the kids. Why wasn't I woken up from my sleep for school?

I looked around and sniffed the air. No scent. I scowled and chewed my lip, looking around me. I sighed and turned to go back in the house, closing the door behind me. I went back up the stairs, questions running through my mind. I couldn't even think. But I needed to figure out where my Mate went.

I went back into the room and grabbed a bag that still had clothes in it. Looking around, I found Lawrence's car keys laying on the nightstand next to his bed. I grabbed them and left the room, heading for the back entrance. I peeked out and looked both ways before going out and heading up the hill, going to his car.

I needed to see my family and friends. I needed to see my Alpha and Beta and...I just needed to see them all. I knew my dad was mad I hadn't called since I had been here. But for being here for such a short while, it had been really...well, hellish.

I made it to the top and turned back. The little reserve that served as their pack looked so small. And it reminded me about when I first came here. And, honestly, very little has changed since then. I frowned and turned to get to the black car.

"Misty."

I knew it was him before I even turned. Lawrence's eyes were wet and dark circles were under his eyes. His blonde hair stuck to his forehead and he wore a single pairs of basketball shorts. He walked over to me and stood in front of me, his eyes roaming my face.

"I need to keep them updated," I said quietly before he could say anything.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. It stuck up and I smiled, reaching up to fix it. He looked at me for a moment before he sighed again.

"Take Khandi and Alesaa with you. Please," was all he said. I looked behind him to see the two girls standing there, Khandi looking solemn.

I looked back to him and nodded. "Okay."

I motioned for them to follow and began to turn around. He grabbed my arm and yanked me to him, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, breathing in his scent. When I went to pull away, he grabbed my face and brought his lips to mine.