21- Roadtrip

Neither Dream or George knew where they were going. All they knew was that they'd be gone for two nights and they should pack comfy clothes as they'd be sat in a cramped minivan for hours on end.

George left Dream's room to pack and change into some grey sweats and a light blue hoodie. When they met again at the minivan, Dream was wearing similar grey sweats and a green or yellow hoodie (he wasn't sure). Sapnap, Quackity and Karl were already in the van when they arrived so they quickly hauled their bags into the boot before climbing into the back.

Sapnap was sat at the drivers seat with Quackity next to him. Karl was back with Dream and George, sulking because he didn't call shotgun in time.

George, who was sat in the middle, moved closer to Dream as the drive started and music was turned up.

After Dream had checked that no one was looking, he slowly moved his hand onto the brunette's thigh, causing him to tense up. George looked around the van wide eyed before realising that no one was paying any attention the them. His body relaxed and he melted into the touch, resting his own hand on Dream's.

The blonde squezed his thigh lightly and lent down to whisper in his ear "I know this is terrible timing but we can make it work."

George looked up at him to make eye contact. "How?" He pushed down the butterflies.

"We'll get time alone at some point."

He blushed deeply and looked away, hoping that nobody saw. The past few hours have been so overwhelming for both of them. Just three or four hours ago he was only just realising he liked Dream. The kiss that they shared felt like days ago and George's lips longed for more. He simply couldn't believe how lucky he was; Dream could get any guy or girl he wanted and he chose George.

As the journey progressed, everyone began getting more and more stir crazy. They tried playing a game of 'I spy' to calm everyone down but it ended pretty quickly when Quackity started telling 'your momma' jokes in the middle of people's turns.

After three hours of shouting over each other for a chance to speak, they stopped at a service station so they could have a bathroom break, stretch their legs and get some food. 

They decided to eat at a restaurant called 'Ben's shack' which sounds trashy but it was actually really fancy for a service station restaurant. 

A few minutes went by of simple chatting before a pretty waitress came to take their orders. She looked at all of us before her gaze met the blonde's.

"What would you like to order?"

Sapnap was quick to speak first. "I'd like the beef steak with a side of garlic bread. Can I also get extra gravy please?"

"Of course" She smiled but she didn't look away from Dream.

"I'll have the baked potato" Karl said.

"And one macaroni cheese please" Said Quackity. 

"And you?" the woman asked, motioning towards Dream.

"Grilled salmon please."

Then the woman looked at George which made him realise he hadn't even thought about what to order yet. He was too busy thinking about Dream and the kiss they shared earlier that day. Then he got even more distracted when the waitress came and refused to take her eyes off the boy sitting right next to him.

In a panic, he stuttered "Um- I'll have what he's having" looking at Dream as he spoke, hoping he chose something nice.

The food came ten minutes later and the salmon dish was placed in front of George. He wasn't the biggest fan of salmon but he managed to choke it down. 

When everyone finished and Sapnap, Quackity and Karl got into their own conversation, Dream turned to George and asked "You didn't mean to order that, did you?"

George shook his head, embarrassed, making Dream laugh.

"I wasn't concentrating so I just got what you got."

Dream was about to say something else but was cut off by a voice beside him.

"How was your food?" The waitress asked, looking directly at him.

"Great thanks." Dream smiled at her and she twirled her hair in one hand.

"Do you want desert or shall I get your bill?"

"Just the bill please" Karl replied and she smiled and walked away. Sapnap sighed and lightly pushed him.

"I wanted desert." Sapnap whined.

"Aren't you full yet? You've had so much already." Karl laughed.

"I'm still hungry."

"Well I packed candy in the car so we can have that once we're back on the road."

The waitress came back and placed the receipt in the middle of the table. Then she handed the blonde a separate piece of folded paper and winked at him before confidently marching away.

They spent a minute arguing over the bill before deciding Quackity will pay but everyone someone else will pay next time. But that whole time George was frowning.

What could the paper say? He thought.

Sapnap was also looking at it with furrowed eyebrows. He was the only one who knew George's feelings towards the blonde (although the others had their suspicions.)

When they walked out, Dream dropped it in the bin casually. George couldn't take it anymore. He had to know what it was.

"What was on that paper?"

Dream hesitated before answering. "Her name and number."

"Why did you throw it away?" Quackity chipped in.

"Not my type" He turned to George and smiled "...amongst other reasons." 

The brunette's jealousy left as quickly as it came. Dream liked him. Him.

~907 words~

Consider voting? It is appreciated more than you could know.

Emoji: 🧮

-Esme ( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ)