Chapter Three - Sleepovers

The night was Watee's favorite time of the day; it was filled with silence, and comforting darkness. It was in large contrast to one of his tenants', in which Maetee would rather stay awake for the whole night than be with the "ghosts" alone. He loved to wallow in the dark, thinking about his mother, his job, and random things about his life; and then it would wander off to Maitee, his childhood friend. It was actually more convenient to think about him at night because it would hide his blush from the light and the piercing gazes of his other tenants. The last thing he needed was his scrutinizing brother to analyze his expression whenever he was thinking about a special Tee. It would definitely give his feelings light.

And tonight was definitely not a night that Watee was particularly fond of. He stared at their group chat, a bored look on his face as he absentmindedly nodded.

Teedo: I'm staying at Soundlab's tonight, I won't be going home.

Watee was currently sitting on the sofa of their living room, lazily lounging around in his loose shirt and a pair of comfortable shorts. It was now after dinner, it was well expected that Teedo would not come home because he already ditched them for their meal, Maitee swiftly left an empty place in his usual seat and they quietly ate in peace. In Watee's opinion, it was a bit odd that Maitee never questioned his disappearance, while the others nonchalantly ignored the topic.

In all honesty, Maetee and T-Rex already knew about Teedo's plans but they never spoke of it, and Teedet never really cared. Maitee was internally praying that Teedo would never come home for very selfish reasons.

The three Tee's who were all roommates have agreed to go back to their room, bidding a small good night to Maitee who was about to finish washing the dishes in the kitchen. As they passed by the living room to head to the stairs, T-Rex waved at Watee, saying "good night" to which he just responded with a nod. Maetee yawned, putting an arm around Teedet as they walked and the other tried to shrug it off but Maetee felt too heavy for the effort.

Watee just shook his head at the bunch as they disappeared up the stairs, those three really have a strange bond with each other and he could never understand it. Not that it was relevant to his life whatsoever.

He heard footsteps approaching after he briefly heard the faucet close. He glanced up and saw Maitee wiping his damp hands on his shirt, making sure that it was dry and rid of any suds. As usual, Watee found himself looking at him for an extended amount of time, making his ears flush a tinge of red, and Maitee began speaking, oblivious to his reaction, "Did you see Teedo's message?"

"Yeah," the younger nods, wondering why he would ask that question.

"Well," Maitee paused, his eyes darting from side to side, showing his apparent nervousness, "would you mind, um, taking his place?"

"What?"

"Well, I have an empty bed space tonight, and you don't need to sleep on the uncomfortable couch," he raised his eyebrows, a bit distraught at how he was able to brave himself to ask this kind of question knowing that he may just get an earful from Watee.

"I think I'm fine here," Watee tried to wave it off, genuinely having no idea what to reply to him. He was torn between jumping into his bed and keeping his strong wall of dignity.

"Watee, you know I wake up earlier than you and I have seen you fall on the floor too many times for you to just be okay with the sofa," Maitee hoped this would convince him, but it looked like he was digging a deeper hole with Watee's intensifying glare, "Just, come on. The bed is more comfortable than here."

"It's more comfortable to be alone."

"I promise I won't touch you, and you can even put a pillow between us to make sure," as much as Maitee would love to touch him, and the number of times he dreamed to cuddle him, if it meant taking a step forward to sleeping in the same bed as him, he would gladly make sacrifices for it: even if it meant his roommate and his desire to cuddle.