Chapter Five - Dates (End)

A/N: unbeta-ed

Dates. You could say that Watee has never been on one. No one has ever asked him out, and he has never felt the urge to ask someone either, well, Maitee would be an exception but he always wanted to have dates with him 24/7. He always finds those things a waste of his time or is it just the fact that he's usually antisocial and hates to interact with other people especially when it's unnecessary.

Based on Teedo, which was always a disaster when it comes to dates, according to the other Tees, it was because of his sudden anger whenever he hears unpleasant eating noises, and he would rather not go through the traumatic experience of a failed date; a rejected human. Ever since he discovered he has feelings for Maitee, he knew he was in for some deep shit, and it made him think about how gay couples date.

He has watched his fair share of queer shows and movies, it's really not that big of a difference. It's just that social construct does not dictate who plans the date, who takes the other out, who pays for the meal, and other things you could do on a date. One thing he absolutely hated about himself is that he was a coward, he didn't like to confront things. With that experience with his recently discovered half-brother, he didn't even want to go through being humiliated all over again.

He's never had to think about this topic again until now, as he was walking around the campus, his bag slung over his shoulder. The man beside him was grinning happily at nothing, in particular, just enjoying the university's cool breeze.

"Have dinner with me, Watee."

"Don't I always?" He replied nonchalantly, not even giving it a second thought.

"No, I meant dinner," Maitee repeated.

"Yeah, we have dinner all the time."

"I mean, a dinner date," this caused Watee's footsteps to halt and his eyes widened, "What?"

"I said what I said," is typical Maitee behavior, who simply turned his head after being so courageous.

"Oh."

"What do you mean with that response?" Now, Maitee's nerves definitely spiked. He had high hopes that Watee reciprocated his feelings and this wasn't all just made up his head and he was assuming things because that would definitely be the worst. He would not know what to deal with first; heartbreak or humiliation.

"Yes, I would have dinner with you," Of course, Watee would not let him down. Despite his heart hammering in his chest, and the loud ringing in his ears, and the internal screaming inside his mind that this is the first time he will ever go on a date and with a person, he really likes nonetheless, he was able to remain cool and collected, not bad for a first-timer.

And Watee could actually boast that he was asked out in the perfect romantic place, under the trees, and in the middle of the cool wind, quite romantic, just like Maitee.

He gazed at the visibly brightened-up food science major who was practically bouncing on his feet. They continued to stroll around as if nothing happened, but in the silence of their steps, there were loud screams inside their heads.

After the initial boost of serotonin was controlled and mitigated, there comes the jitters. Again, it was Watee's first time for everything, and he could barely even think about anything coherent right now because he was now bombarded with all the possibilities of this ending up in a mess. He's worried that if their relationship wouldn't work out, then their friendship is doomed. He was also forgetting about the fact that the exact time they locked lips with each other that one night they slept together, it was already done for.