Chapter 26: Ultragirl

When Alura, Barry and Clark all entered the Fortress, Kelex was in the middle of a lesson on Kryptonian history with Kara.  While Barry logically knew that he should get back to Star Labs, he wanted to be there for his Kara after they hopefully restored her memories.  She turned to see the trio, and once again worried about the strange man in the red suit with her mother.  While Alura joined Kara and Kelex, Clark pulled Barry aside to learn more about his trip to another Earth.

“Another Earth?  And a way to save Kara?  Better get to the explanation quick, Barry.”

“Right, well, our Earth is one of many in the multiverse…all of them vibrate at different…”

“Spare me the science lesson for now. I want to know how we can save Kara.”

“On this other Earth, I met another version of our Kara.  She also has a Kal.  He had been abducted by Darkseid five years ago…”

“Why am I not surprised that Darkseid is in this other universe as well?  Go on.”

Barry continued despite the revelation from Clark about Darkseid existing in their universe.  If the Lord of Apokolips came to attack, they’d be ready for him.  But restoring Kara and defeating the Worldkillers was the main priority.

“On this other Earth, there is a Fortress just like yours.  The other Kal had been brainwashed by Darkseid and forced to serve as a slave.  But he had an archive crystal, and Karen and their Kelex were able to restore him.”

“How?  The archive crystals are generally only useful as history lessons.”

“With what his version of Jor-El called a memory inducer.  Kelex created it and the crystal…”

“Was able to undo what had been done?”

Neither Barry nor Clark had noticed when Alura walked up and spoke.  She had been listening in after checking on Kara.  More importantly she knew of the memory inducer her husband and brother-in-law had been working on.

“Barry, Clark…this is important news.  Jor and Zor had been collaborating on a memory inducer just a few months before Krypton exploded.  In all probability there are files on the device in your Fortress’ databanks, Clark.  Kelex?”

“Yes, Alura Zor-El?”

“Can you scan the Fortress records for any references to a memory inducer created by Jor-El or Zor-El?”

“Scanning now, stand by.”

Kelex had left Kara when Alura called him over, but not without a long science lesson for her to study.  After twenty minutes of analyzing and reanalyzing the Fortress databanks, the robot came back with an answer.

“Forgive me Kal-El, but with all scientific entries from your Father and Uncle stored in the Fortress there is no indication of a memory inducer.  Perhaps the knowledge was lost due to Krypton’s destruction before it could be completed.”

“And without that knowledge, we have no way to restore Kara’s memories.  She’s going to believe she’s thirteen and have to grow up all over again, but this time with an adult body.”

“Actually Alura, we have a way.  Clark’s Father and your husband may not have completed the inducer in our universe, but…”