If we have eachother

AU: Based off of the song "If We Have Eachother" by Alec Benjamin! Happy birthday Inkooo!
Warning: Referenced rape

She was nineteen.

She was nineteen, and that's when she fell in love with Hisashi Midoriya.

His sharp jawline, his beaming smile, his glossy black hair and eyes as crimson as the flames he could breath out.

Inko fell for him.

He let her fall.

The room was dim, the mattress uncomfortable, his breath smoking hot, but not because of his quirk. His skin was rough, eyes no longer kind and warm but cold and harsh instead, and Inko couldn't help but scream.

She's fallen in love, but he hadn't.

————-

Sometimes the pit of despair is so endless that is sucks all the energy from you.

You're in the midst of darkness and you don't even have the energy or hope to get yourself out of it. Inko sat in her room, 20 and kicked out, living alone in a one-bedroom apartment.

Her beacon of hope was the child that was soon to come, the one who she would raise with all the hopes and beliefs she once had.

Inko wasn't the most strongest of women, but she made sure that her son would be more stronger than ever, not only to face the disagreements of the world, but to fight himself if he's ever thrown down to that level of despair.

———

Inko and her son are shattered again and again. Debts, stress, drama, judgement, discrimination, bullying, quirklessness, hopelessness

There doesn't seem to be an end to it, apart from eachother.

Because they know, they know oh so clearly that the world is not fair, and it's not kind. But when they're in eachother's embrace, there's a reminder that if they have eachother, then the world's not so bad.

After everything, if they can't be true to eachother, then they can't be true to themselves.

————-

Having a quirk now didn't mean that all their past suffering was for nothing. In fact, it only reminded the two how far they had come:

"Remember where you started and never forget it."

No matter how many times they broke, they picked themselves with injuries still bleeding and carried on the trek, because their goal would be worth every step they took, with eachother in stride.

When one of them fell, they'd hold out their hand because they'd be there for eachother, and they knew it. They don't need anyone else but eachother.

Life was never easy but they're glad that they stayed because happiness lingered when they were eachother and comfort never felt warmer. Sometimes they didn't know how to help eachother, always making mistakes and not understanding, but they got over the cracks and embraced further.

Their trust bled thicker than their own blood.

The longer that they accompanied eachother, the more they loved.

————

Eventually, it came to the day that Izuku was a man, a pro hero hope shining out of him and spreading through the citizens of Japan like wildfire.

They'd sworn in their hearts to never leave eachother and they wouldn't ever.

Not until death do them apart.

————-

"Ah Izuku, when I eventually die, I don't want you to cry over me ok? Don't mope over me too much! I want you to live your life, and I want you to let me go."

"Mum, why would you say something like that?" Izuku said leaning against his mum, "there's no need to say something like that."
———-

"You should know I'll be here for you Mum. The world's still not perfect, and it's still not kind, but you're still here in my heart, so it's not that bad!"

~Because we still have eachother~

A/N: Sorry for reallllllllyyyyyyy short chapter! Will post next week!