To be of use in the useless

AU: An entire chapter I got from the name: Deku. 

"I think Deku sounds like you can do it!"

"What's your name?"

Again?

"It's Izuku Mi-"

"No kid, what's your name?"

"...Deku. I am Deku."

The name of a-

"You're a true hero." 

"My hero...!"

"Mister Deku!" 

"Deku!"

"Deku."

"Dekuuuu."

"Deku~"

"DEKU!"

"Hah, what's wrong Deku?! Why aren't you fighting back?!"

"What a Deku!"

"Look! You can read the last part of Izuku's name as Deku. Hmph, Deku. That must be what you call a helpless loser who's completely useless!"

Why...why do I still look up to you? Why can't I get over the fact you're so amazing!?

"Shut up Deku!"

"Pathetic Deku." 

You're our hero Deku you're a loser!

----

Deku. 

It's a name that resides in familiarity. 

It's a name that represented him fully: a helpless, useless loser- a true,  aspiring hero.

It means useless- you can do it. 

What? 

Deku. 

A strong, reliable hero in training who's saved countless people and always has a smile on his face. He'd soon be the Symbol of Hope, and his presence expressed safety (like All Might), empathy (like Thirteen) and intelligence (like Eraserhead). 

Deku. 

A weak, quirkless loser. No one cares about him, and even if they do- not enough. Someone to easily belittle (like nothing) ; a helpless target to shove down, down, down into the dirt (like he was trash), and make you seem high even when you're low (like deception). 

Deku. 

Deku...who does that really represent? 

"It sounds kinda like you can do it!"

But when has that name ever resembled that?