THIRTY-ONE

«———CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE———»
CASE #003876

«———CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE———»CASE #003876

THE PLAN WAS SIMPLE. AS SIMON AND CLARY SMUGGLED THE REDHEAD INTO THE PRISON CELLS via a casket, Izzy and May were supposed to distract Raphael. Though bumpy and Izzy and May had to improvise after losing Raphael, the group had successfully broken Camille out, broken the alliance Clary built with the vampires, and made an amazing entrance that saved Simon, Clary, and Camille from Raphael and his Night Children.

Now the group traveled down the construction tunnels of the hotel, where vampires were able to travel outside of the hotel during the day while still being protected from the sun. It was thought that the Book of the White was in Camille's upper east side apartment so they weren't planning on making detours before getting there. They did not want to waste any time.

May glared at the back of Camille's head as she walked behind her, anger burning in her chest, the emotions of a dozen circulating in her single mind made her uneasy.

A list of things plagued May's mind as she walked behind that vampire. Camille was the reason why Simon got kidnapped. Camille was one that bit him. And Camille was the reason why Simon was now dead, forever a Downworlder.

The vampire in the skin-tight red dress started to whine. "I think I'd have been better off just staying in the coffin."

"Great. When we're done here we can stuff you back in." May huffed in annoyance.

Maybe it was Jace's fury or the worry and frustration she was feeling radiating from Alec out there somewhere but it took everything inside to not rip her head off with her bare hands.

Her mind was twisted enough for her to believe that with her new power she portably could, without breaking a sweat even.

The whole empath thing was hitting May differently than she ever expected it to. Her fists were always clenched and as much as she tried to clear her mind, to focus on her own emotions, she finds herself huffing and puffing like the boys in her life often did.

"But we didn't leave you in the coffin. We got you out." Clary pointed out obviously.

"Technically, May and I got you out." Izzy corrected. Taking the credit where credit was earned.

"Noted." Clary sighed before turning to Camille, forcing the clicking of the vamp's red bottoms to silent. "Now, tell us where the book is."

"Patience my dear--" Camille started but the urge to strike down on Camille pushed May to speak. "Cut the crap!" She demanded. From behind her, she pressed the sharp push dagger into the small of her back, her hand keeping a tight grip on her arm so she couldn't slip away.

Camille winced a the grip. It was stronger than expected, even for a Shadowhunter. "Just because we got you out doesn't mean I won't gank you right here." She threatened.