EIGHT

«---CHAPTER EIGHT---»
STUPID VAMPIRES

«---CHAPTER EIGHT---»STUPID VAMPIRES

"HEY RED, COME ON. IT'S ALL CLEAR." MAY CALLED BACK to Simon and Clary. Unknowingly ruining a moment the two were having. Jace reached his hand out and Clary took a hold of it. May saw Simon's smile fall and she walked up to him. "I'm sorry." She sighed before taking hold of his arm and leading him back to the group.

Clary and Jace were having a moment beside a burning garbage can as the rest of the group finally caught up with them. "Oh, great. This is when Red chooses to have goo-goo eyes for someone? The world is in danger people!" May joked, getting a chuckle out of all three of the people behind her.

She shook her head in disapproval and skipped on the large rocks in the dirt, choosing to entertain herself with her own personal game of 'the floor is lava'.

The group got to the door to the City of Bones. A skeleton hung on the front gate, making the entrance look even more ominous. May had chills run up her spine as she stared down the black gate that only lead to the pain and darkness. Skulls decorated the black stone that framed the door and the light from the trash cans made it look like something from a horror film.

"I can do this." Clary sighed, talking herself up.

"Yeah, you can. You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything." Simon spoke, his admiration for the girl soaked the words and May smiled at her shoes, listening to the younger boy.

Simon headed to the gate but is stopped by Jace. Simon rolled his eyes. "Surprise, surprise. No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right?" He asked before answering the question himself. "Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind is a dead man."

"You're not that funny. But by all means, go ahead." Jace gestured.

Simon walked up to the door. "Of course, the minute you enter, you'll die." Jace added.

He froze and spun on his heels. "Problem is, now I don't trust you."

"He's not lying," Alec grumbled making May realize that the brooding boy was still there with them. She had almost forgotten that he had come with them he was so quiet. "Now"

"He was before," Isabelle explained.

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so, please" Alec explained, he motioned to the door, in hopes the mundane boy would go for it. May sent the boy a glare followed by an eye roll.

"Really?" She muttered at the boy who just hid his smirk.

"The Brothers creep me out. I'll mind the mundane." Isabelle insisted.

"Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy."

"Talk about sacrifice. I'm missing a financial analysis class." Simon whined to the two redheads. May laughed and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.