Chapter Two

Alicia and I walked down the crowded hallway. Nina stood in front of her locker, smiling at her phone. We approached her. She almost dropped her phone when she saw us.

 "Oh my God. Don't sneak up on me like that."

 "Noted. We need to talk about something," Alicia said.

 "Really? About what?"

 "Last night. Why'd you ditch Mya?"

 "Oh. I had to go back home. My dad wanted my help with something."

 "Then, why didn't you tell her that? And how do you explain this?"

 She held her phone up in front of Nina's face. Her face went pale. She looked at us with an expression of horror. I didn't expect Alicia to just jump straight to the point like that.

 I smiled. This was satisfying. Nina couldn't lie her way out of this situation. I refused to be lied to.

 "How did you even get that?" Nina asked.

 I crossed my arms. "Don't worry about how she got it. Just know that she saw you."

 "Stanley was just so cute and he wanted to have dinner with me. I couldn't just say no."

 "Wrong. You could've gone out with him after the sleepover."

 She looked at me incredulously. I might've sounded harsh, but I had to say it. There was no way she couldn't wait a couple days to go out with him. He wasn't that cute.

 Alicia and I watched Nina zone out. Her eyes were directed at her hands. Honestly, I kind of liked the fact that she felt ashamed of herself. She deserved it.

 "You're right, Mya. I'm sorry for ditching you."

 "I accept your apology. Just don't do that shit again," I said.

 "I won't. I promise."

 "Good. Come here."

 I hugged her. A woodsy scent was wafting off of her. I was pretty sure I smelled this scent before. Except, I had no idea why.

 A tall white guy approached us when we let go of each other. He smiled at Nina charmingly. They gazed into each other's eyes, like Alicia and I weren't even there.

 "Hello? Who are you?" Alicia asked.

 The guy glanced at her. "I'm Stanley. Hasn't she told you about me?"

 "Nope. Just that you're cute."

 "Thank you."

 "You're welcome. How come we've never seen you around here before?"

 "That's because I keep to myself most of the time."

 Bullshit. He definitely wasn't here before last night. Did he think we were stupid or something? His obnoxious chuckle was enough to prove it.

 Nina just took two steps closer to Stanley and wrapped her arms around his waist. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Alicia averted her eyes when they kissed. Of course, they decided to give us a show we didn't want to see.

 "Are they done yet?" Alicia whispered.

 I chuckled. "No. They're still going at it."

 "Okay. Let's go."

 "Gladly."

 We walked down the hall to the science lab. I sat with Alicia at a table in the center of the room. The bell rang and our classmates came in. Once Stanley got close to the doorway, the door almost closed. Too bad, he stopped it with his hand.