Tears of life

A bright light filled my vision and my knees hit something soft. I planted my hands on the ground and felt the rough texture of sand underneath my palms. I waited a few seconds before standing up, giving my head time to stop spinning.

I looked around. Dark blue waves hit the rocks that were scattered around the beach that we landed on. The small beach went over into grass not far from us. "You were right, Hermoine." It was Harry's voice I heard. He was not too far away from me, stumbling towards Hermoine and Ron who were still sitting in the sand.

"(Y/N) Hydra." I small voice said from beside me. I turned my head but saw no one until I looked down. There, kneeled over in the sand was Dobby with a knife wedged into his chest. "Dobby..." I was silent as I caught him as he fell backward.

I gently took the knife out of his chest. The front of his shirt was dark and wet and the blood was slowly spreading further over the pillowcase that he wore. "Hang on, Dobby." I begged. His breathing was getting slower. He was dying.

"We'll fix you." I told him. I thought of something, anything, that could help him. But my mind was blank. The only thought that filled my head was that Dobby's time was near. There was nothing we could do.

"Such a beautiful place to be," His voice was soft, powerless. "To be with friends." His breath stopped and the bright, joyful light that once filled his eyes disappeared. He's gone.

Tears streaked my face as I looked at his body, hoping that there was someone that had mercy for this elf and would help him, but nothing came, just the sound of the rolling waves in the distance.

I closed my eyes as I felt my heart constrict. How many more are we going to lose? A light shone through the slits between my eyelids. I opened them again. The light was coming from Dobby, his wound to be exact.

Vines made out of a golden-colored light gracefully slipped out of his wound, curling themselves around Dobby's lifeless body. The light became brighter, so bright that I had to shield my eyes. Then, the light disappeared, as quickly as it had come.

I felt something move. I looked down at Dobby's hand that lay across my lap. His fingers were twitching. I looked at him in wonder as his body slowly came to life again. That sparkle that had disappeared came back and he blinked.

I looked around as if this was his first time seeing the world. "How did I?...." Everyone was at loss for words. "Your tears," Dobby said. "It gives you the ability to bring back the dead." He smiled. "Thank whatever god is out there." I smiled. I pulled him into a hug, making sure this wasn't a dream.

"Come on, let's go to the cottage." I said as I stood up. I dusted the sand off of my knees and looked at the cottage in the distance. I was a small house, with walls made of stone and painted with a sandy yellow. The roof was made out of dry sticks and weeds, perfect for protection against the rain. There also were a few triangular windows made into the roof.

"Who's is it?" I asked. "My brother Bill's. He lives here with Fleur." Ron answered. He rapped his knuckles on the wood of which the door was made of. There was some suffering behind the door before it was flung open.

The friendly face of Bill Weasley greeted us. His smile dropped at the sight of us. "You guys look like you've been through hell." He said. "Like you wouldn't believe." I sighted. Bill took a step aside so he could let us through.

"C'mon in. It's not good if you guys stay out in the cold for to long." We shuffled in after one another. The cottage was just as small as the inside then as the outside. There was a table in the middle of the room, with a fireplace next to it. A few windows let in some light, but most of it came through the cracks in the roof.

"Take a breather. You guys should rest before you get back out there." Bill said as he walked past us. "I'll make you some soup. Take a seat and warm up." I let a small sight escape. This was the safest I had felt in months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the far south of London lay a small graveyard. The night was calm, too calm. Out of the shadows appeared a man. His face was as white as snow. His eyes were sharp and deadly, like the eyes of a snake. His steps were silent and his cloak barely made any sound as he slid over the graveyard.

"Where is it." He hissed. He let his eyes glide over the headstones, carefully examining the text written on each one. He suddenly came to a stop. He walked over to a headstone made out of marmer. He carefully touched the engravings.

"In loving memory of James Wright."

"Amazing brother and uncle."

"1957-1989."

This was it. This was the thing he had been looking for for so long. He let his hand slip into one of his pockets and whipped out a wand. It was a long wand made out of elder wood, decorated with bubbles that became smaller towards the tip.

He whipped the wand and the ground shook. The dirt that covered the coffin flew into the air by itself and pilled up beside the grave. The dark-colored coffin was now revealed. The man let his hand slide over the smooth wood before opening it.

Inside lay the body of a perfectly preserved body. It was a young man with dark brown hair and a round face.  His skin was white and his veins were visible through the thin skin. But most remarkable about this was the dagger that was placed under his fingers.

There seemed to be nothing special about it, but the man knew better. He carefully took the dagger from the man's hands and admired the craftsmanship of the weapon. The blade was long and sharp. The handle was wrapped in dark brown leather.

The man smiled. With this, he could defeat his enemy. With this, he would best his opponent and win the war. With this, he could concur the world. 

His name was Voldemort and everyone would know it