Welcome home, Ron

We ended up near a river. All around us was white, thanks to the thin layer of snow that coated the ground and the trees. After we had set up the tent under a bunch of nearby trees, Hermoine and I sat outside, trying to figure out where the sword was or any of the Horcruxes.

Soft footsteps approached us and I looked up to be met with the green eyes which belonged to Harry. "Are you feeling better?" I asked.

The first thing I did when we landed here was patching up Harry's bite wound. Luckily, the poison hadn't spread far enough to do any serious damage. It also made it easier to remove from his bloodstream. He had been inside the tent for a couple of hours, along with Samira and Daniel.

He didn't answer, he just looked around. "You've really outdone yourself this time, Hermoine." He said. "We're in the Forest of Dean. No one will find us here." I told him.

"I came here with my parents a few years ago. Everything is just how I remember it. The trees. The river. Everything. Like nothing's changed. Which is not true, of course. Everything's changed. Bring my parents here now and they won't remember anything. Not the trees. Not the river. Not even me." Hermoine said. The look on her face told her story and the way she felt.

"Never knowing your parents is horrible, but I can't imagine what it's like if you have them, but they don't remember you." I said softly. 

"I wish we could stay here. Grow old." Hermoine smiled. I let out a small smile too, before letting it disappear again. "You wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. His name was Grindelwald." Hermoine stated.

She handed Harry the book where she had found it in. "He looks exactly like the boy from the vision we both had." I told him. "He stole the wand. Speaking of which, where is my wand?" Harry asked.

I gave him a small, sympathetic smile and lifted the blanket, revealing Harry's broken wand. "In Godric's Hollow, Hermoine casted a curse and it rebounded. We tried to mend it, but it didn't work." I told him.

I threw the blanket off of me and stood up. I got my wand out and stuck it out to him. "Take mine, our wands had the same core and I can use wandless magic." I said. I reluctantly grabbed the other end of my wand and put it away in his pocket.

"Go inside, Hermoine. Warm yourself up. I'll take the locket." She gave me a nod and pulled the locket from around her neck. She lay it in my open hand and shot me a look before going inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The evening had fallen by now and Harry and I were sitting outside. I was thinking about how we were going to clean up this mess, while Harry was looking at the shard he had somehow obtained. After a few minutes of looking at it, he dropped the shard next to him.

I lay my head back against the trunk and closed my eyes, but quickly opened them again when I heard rustling nearby. I looked around and saw a tiny ball of bluish-white light floating not too far away from us.

"Harry, do you see that?" I asked him. "Yeah, it looks like a...." "Patronus." I finished. The ball became bigger and started taking shape. It slowly became clear what it was. There now stood a deer made out of light just meters away from us.

It looked at us as if trying to ask us to come closer. I slowly got up and Harry followed shortly after. When we both were on our feet, the deer turned around and started walking off. I was intrigued by the creature, and so was Harry, because we both started walking after it.

The deer led us further into the forest and stopped on a small lake. The figure of the deer seeped back into its original form, and the tiny white ball was now floating above the frozen water.